Professional GM Diary: Final Preparations

Squizzle

First Post
I'll give a hint about one of my methods: It requires a genetically inherited trait that must be well practiced as well as an individually developed knack that takes years to cultivate. I intend to open each session with this method.

curl.jpg

wedgeski

Adventurer
I'll give a hint about one of my methods: It requires a genetically inherited trait that must be well practiced as well as an individually developed knack that takes years to cultivate. I intend to open each session with this method.
LOL! This plus Squizzle's response now have me genuinely curious... or is that the point? Damn, I'm being played like a trombone here! :)

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!
Actually it was only until most recently that I came to realize that my pricing shouldn't be based on what people post on the forums but rather the average entertainment price of the specific area I'm working in.

Movie ticket price sounds the most appropriate so I decided to go with that. People in Manhattan are willing to shell out over $12 for a bad movie so I figure they'll pay that much for a good game session.

I sincerely invite all other GMs to participate in my sessions and try to steal my methods because the amount of thinking involved and the talents required would dissuade most from even attempting to replicate my GMing style.

Dude, I'm not sure if farting out a pitch-perfect National Anthem is the way to go....

Xyxox

Hero

Dude!

Raising an eyebrow isn't method acting.

Posting on the support site for the campaign has taken longer than I thought it would. There's still a bit more but I've got the bare essentials up and the rest will be up hopefully by noon tomorrow.

I'm actually putting out the flyers tomorrow as I've had to go over and edit the online support content a lot. It's fine though. Even if just 1 player shows up I can run with it. I don't expect much on the first day or even the first week.

You can see what I've got up so far in the Crystal Core Campaign Setting board at:

http://ffd20.orgfree.com/phpBB2/index.php

So did you ask the cafe where you are playing for permission to use their space for your own business?

It turns out that they're very laid back when it comes to groups holding all sorts of meetings there as long they're not destructive or disturb the other customers. It's a 24-hour cafe/deli actually. They have A LOT of tables so people just buy food at the counter and go sit down anywhere. It's a very casual, comfortable atmosphere.

Anyway, I've realized that there are more things that I want to post up on the site than two days will allow so I'm pushing to Wednesday, March 11. That's the date I'm putting on the advertisements.

Keep in mind how populous Manhattan is and how much of that population is college students, gamers with families, and businessmen in need of a gaming fix. Remember how many seats I actually need to fill, the fact that the high price is average price for the local area, and the fact that none of the players have to be committed/regular.

Festivus

First Post
Just a comment about venue. I pay $12 for a movie, sure, but it's in a theater where everyone is expected to be quiet and listen to the movie at the same time, free from distraction. I have played / run D&D in loud convention environments, it's full of distractions. A private room at the place might be a different story. When I first was looking at this I assumed you had an office space you were looking to make use of off hours from your regular business... with a conference table, whiteboard and a vending machine that you also reap profits from.

Remove ads