Professor Lampwick's Flying Goon Squad (A Thrilling Adventure)

Buk

First Post
fight! fight!

(sorry, kids. been busy at the workstead, and had a couple midterms over the last week.)

As the lizard charges across the clearing, CD leaps out from behind his tree and drives his rapier deep into its back (for 24 pts - ouch). MS's first spell seems to slow the lizard's charge a bit, but you miss on your touch attack and Ghoul Touch fizzles. Up to the point it was blinded, the silvery lizard seemed incredibly quick, but has lost a bit of its mobility. Not enough that it can't bite MS, though. It's jaws snap closed on MS (for 9 pts) as it reaches around with its claws to get CD away. CD dodges one claw, but jumps right in the path of the other (7 pts). Then FP charges in from the side, and delivers a flying kick to the beastie's ribs (16 pts). Since it has reach, it takes its attack of opportunity on FP with a claw, and hits (9 pts).

The lizard looks pretty badly injured, the rapier hole in its back spurting blood, and it lets out a terrible roar (which roughly translates as 'what are you doing next round?').

Fou Pow!

First Post
I'll send him a special delivery upside the noggin, courtesy of Mr. Spiked Chain. A two-handed blow, if that makes any difference.

Man of Science

First Post
Wow. Exciting round. :D

If I mananged to not lose my Ghoul Touch (touch attacks aren't dispelled if you miss the touch, under normal conditions you can keep swinging until you hit or cast another spell, but since I was hit, I imagine I need a concentration check (my concentration check is +13), although maybe you've already made this and I failed and that's why it "fizzled"). . . uh, that's not really a sentence, is it?

What I mean is, if I didn't lose the Ghoul Touch, I'll take another swing and try to get him with it. If I did lose it, I'll defensively cast Vamperic Touch (touch attack, no save, 3d6 damage become my hp for an hour, Defensive Casting: Concentration +13 and Combat Casting).

Assuming this kills it (it cannot survive our onslaught), I will listen for other giant Leeeezards, and if I hear none, start carving up this lizard into Lizard Jerky and Lizard Steaks. YUM!

Man of Science

First Post
Once the fight's over, munching on a nice, well-salted, hooch-roasted lizard-liver, I'll wonder where Stegn got off to.

I see no reason to wake Pleasius.

Or am I getting ahead of myself?

Man of Science

First Post
Once the fight's over, munching on a nice, well-salted, hooch-roasted lizard-liver, I'll wonder where Stegn got off to.

I see no reason to wake Pleasius.

Or am I getting ahead of myself? :uhoh:

Man of Science

First Post
Sheesh. Okay, sorry, I accidently posted that last message twice and I can't figure out how to delete it. I can apparently edit, but not delete it. If anyone else figures out how to delete, let me know so I can get rid of it (and this--d'oh!). The Edit/Delete button (in this case anyway) seems to be only an edit button.

Fou Pow!

First Post
Hey, you DID get ahead of yourself! Heh heh... Get it? You had one post, and then you had another ahead of it... Heh... Ahem. Yes. Well.

To delete a post, hit 'edit/delete', then select all the text in the post and hit the 'delete' button on your keyboard. Then re-post.

=====================

If the leezard's not dead, then I'll give it another kick in the head with my Boots of Ass-Kicking. If it is dead, then, since our mighty hunter is mightily snoring, I'll use my own mighty tracking skills (Survival +4) to see where Stegn's gotten off to.

Remove ads