• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

profile picture not appearing in post

HandofMystra

First Post
I uploaded a profile picture and it shows up fine in my profile (and the file follows the rules for size and type), but I do not see it in my posting. The file is exactly 100 pixels wide, do I need to trim a pixel off?

The_Warlock

Explorer
A Profile Picture is different from your Avatar (the image which shows under your name in the forums when you post).

In your control panel, go to Edit Avatar. You can upload a custom avatar there.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Yup, you're confusing your Profile Picture (the picture that appears on the top of your profile page) with your Avatar (the picture that appears next to your posts). Each is uploaded separately.

And it seems we can't (or at least I can't) upload an avatar picture. I get the choices of the ones already in the system, but no option to upload one.

The_Warlock

Explorer
When you go to the Edit Avatar page, there should be 3 sections:

Your Current Avatar

Pre-defined Miscellaneous

and below that

Custom Avatar

You have to click the radio button under Custom Avatar, then either put a web link or upload a file in the fields below the button.

Your "Current Avatar" section should then update.

It should look roughly like the attached image.

Attachments

• AScreen.jpg
    AScreen.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

Here's what my avatar selection screen looks like - missing that whole section.

Argh... can't seem to attach a graphic to a post here... (ah... "you may NOT post attachments" is set for this forum. Annoying)

Trust me when I say I'm missing that entire box.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Dyson Logos, this looks like a case of User Awaiting E-mail Confirmation. That is, your primary user group is incorrect; fixing it will take an admin.

Dyson Logos, this looks like a case of User Awaiting E-mail Confirmation. That is, your primary user group is incorrect; fixing it will take an admin.

Aha!

And since the ENWorld email system appears to be down we don't get emails from the thread subscriptions, or from the email account confirmation system.

HandofMystra

First Post
A Profile Picture is different from your Avatar (the image which shows under your name in the forums when you post).

In your control panel, go to Edit Avatar. You can upload a custom avatar there.
Thanks, that was the key. I love this picture of my son as drow assassin slicing my throat

Remove ads