• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Project: Daedalus (Issue #2)

Mimic

First Post
Agamon said:
"She'll call you concerning your opportunity one way or the other, as she put it. And I don't need to tell you that leaving the city would be bad for you, right?" he adds sternly.

Miguel gives the man a quick salute. "Yes sir, Mr. G-man, sir. No leaving New York city sir." He adds as he takes the cell phone and ticket. "Besides, why would I want to leave, lots of stuff there to keep me amused, I'm sure."

Deva said:
With a small frown, Sarah watches Aaron's father drag him off. "Is it just me or do you get the impression that Mr. Kuyper couldn't get away from us fast enough?" She shakes her head and finds a seat to wait until the flight home.

Well, lets think about it for a second, Miguel adds in as we walks back into the group. While he was associated with us, he was kidnapped, shot at, destroyed government property, accused of being terrorist, eventually arrested plus he was detained and questioned by the feds. Gee, I wonder why they don't want to add us to their christmas list? He adds sarcastically as he sits down besides her.

"It's easier for them to blame us then some faceless company." Miguel adds more seriously. "Plus I wanted to apologise about what I said back in the waiting room, totally crossed the line. Won't happen again."

Before anyone can say anything Miguel looks over the new cell phone the agent gave him. "Hmmm, I wonder if I can get those 900 numbers on this thing..." he mutters to himself.

Last edited:

Agamon

Adventurer
Epilogue

An unknown laboratory
Dr. McDermott adjusted his glasses as he studied the data on the monitor intently before referring back to his datapad to punch in some numbers. Looking back to the screen, he hears a *beeep* followed by a female voice emanating from the monitor. “Dr. McDermott, Ms. Nelson is on the line.”

“Put her through,” he says, setting the datapad on the table.

The face of Elizabeth Nelson appears on the monitor, her expression professionally neutral. “Hello, Alan. Everything is up and running smoothly, I trust?”

The doctor nods. “For such a hastily constructed lab, it fits our needs greatly, thank you.”

“Don’t thank me, thank our benefactors,” the woman responds. “I am not certain if you are aware, but we no longer are under the employ of BioGen. That company’s fortunes have fallen drastically since the escape of the subjects.”

McDermott arches an eyebrow. “So who pays me now?”

“That is on a need to know basis, doctor, and right now, you do not need to know. Simply be happy with the fact that they’ve hidden you there, away from the scrutiny that Dr. Anton is currently undergoing.”

“And you?”

“I was simply Dr. Anton’s secretary, and had nothing to do with the affairs of administration,” Nelson answers in straight voice.

“Right. Somehow, I doubt Julian is going to take the blame on this alone. You should be hiding, yourself.”

“My affairs are not your own, doctor,” she responds, finally showing a bit of emotion in her both her face and speech. “You would do well to instead concentrate on the task at hand. Our benefactors are impatient people. It is said that No Return will soon be ready for use. An alternative is required, and you are the one that said you could deliver it.”

“And I will, but the process takes time. This is an extraterrestrial virus that we’re dealing with. Though I thought finding a cure would be extremely difficult at best, we’ve made some headway these past few weeks. We’re doing the best we can, considering the conditions.”

“And the package that was delivered yesterday, has it been of any use?”

“Very much so. With the implant removed, I’d have thought very little useful information could come from her, but we’ve uncovered a wealth of information so far,” McDermott responds, glancing up at a saline tank. Within, the naked form of Samantha Maxwell hangs suspended, many probes and tubes connected to her body, though no breathing apparatus is apparent. “It would be quite useful to have access to the others.”

“In due time, doctor. In due time.”

Remove ads