• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Project: Daedalus (Issue #2)

Agamon

Adventurer
"Oh, baby, it's okay, we're taking you home now," Aaron's mom tells him, smiling through her tears. Standing up she looks at the rest of you and simply says, "Hello."

"Thank you for watching over our son," his father adds, though you sense some reservation in his voice. "Let's go, Aaron, our aerodyne leaves in half an hour."

Calinon

First Post
"Oh, baby, it's okay, we're taking you home now," Aaron's mom tells him, smiling through her tears. Standing up she looks at the rest of you and simply says, "Hello."

"Thank you for watching over our son," his father adds, though you sense some reservation in his voice. "Let's go, Aaron, our aerodyne leaves in half an hour."
"Hello, ma'am," Tyrone replies to Aaron's mother.

"Aaron did his fair share of watching over us, too," he says to his father. "He stood up to some of the toughest crooks out there, and walked off with barely a scratch.

"He's got a good grip on those powers of his. He'll be a really powerful elite when he gets older. Probably be way stronger at my age than I am now. You know, you really should consider letting him come back to the US for some training with me once things have settled down and he's put some of that weight back on. He'd be way closer than if you sent him to the UNJE, and could come home well, whenever he wanted.

"And he'd be more than welcome with me and my mama. She'd make sure he didn't get away with slacking on his school work too and won't let the press mess with him, especially near her place. And he could use his powers to fight crime with me. Tyroc and the E-kid, Elementor, whatever name he likes," Tyroc says with a grin at Aaron. "Some serious good press for us Elites to have a smart and powerful kid like Aaron in North America rather than off in Europe or Africa with the UNJE. Maybe keep him away from that mutant registration crap I heard on the news there too.

"Who knows, American Freedom just might relax those age limitations too. It would give them a cool North American flavor to have a canuck on the squad."

Go go gadget diplomacy!

Agamon

Adventurer
OOC: Diplomacy roll: 4, reroll 10, result is 20.

The Kuypers listen to Tyrone courteously, but the mother's eyes grow wide when he mentions 'fighting crime' and she grows fidgety when he mentions American Freedom.

"We appreciate the offer, but I don't think that's such a good idea. We haven't had much of a chance to discuss Aaron's future yet," his father says, glancing at his wife, "but putting him in a hostile environment isn't going to be an option."

"Most certainly not!" the mother adds. "You say he's gotten a grip on these powers he has, then I see no reason why he can't just come back home."

Calinon

First Post
"Back to where he was taken from in the first place," Tyrone says. "With the attention he's gotten lately, I hope you are prepared for the press and government interests. He's an elite, and could do a lot of good with his abilities, and stay close to home. But I aint gonna keep you from takin' him home, or him from going. Lord knows I want to get home myself. But I'll be watching over my shoulder for a long time.

"Some powerful folks took us all last time. He's still a kid. You make sure you keep an eye on him. Two would be better.

"Shoot me an e-mail, kid. Maybe you can come down to New York to visit me and Sarah."

Elementor

First Post
His head going back and forth like he is watching a tennis match, Aaron listens intently to the conversation between his parents and Tyroc. "Oh, I'll definately email you Ty!! Do I still get my own web page linked off of yours??"

Calinon

First Post
"You bet kiddo. Better yet, I'll just host it with my website. Gimme a week, and you'll probably be more popular than me!"

Elementor

First Post
Calinon said:
"You bet kiddo. Better yet, I'll just host it with my website. Gimme a week, and you'll probably be more popular than me!"

"You think it will take that long??" he says grinning up at his friend.

Agamon

Adventurer
Aaron's dad levels a glare at Tyrone. "Thank you, mister Tyroc, or whatever you call yourself, but we don't need any more attention drawn to Aaron than there already is. This has been a big enough problem for our family as it is. Now, let's go." he says, grabbing Aaron by the arm and dragging him off before he gets much chance to even say goodbye, his mom following close behind.

A few moments later, Agent Howe returns with the tickets, giving one to each of you. Tyrone's and Sarah's are for a 5:00 PM flight to New York, Kiro's is for a 7:00 PM non-stop flight to New Tokyo, Max's is for a 9:30 non-stop flight to Moscow. Stopping at Miguel, he says, "All flights to Mexico have been cancelled, Screaming Eagle has notified me that airspace over that country has been closed to all non-essential vehicles." He hands the ticket to him, for the same flight as Sarah and Tyrone will be on. "You are to go to New York City, and remain there until notified by Screaming Eagle. Here's a cell phone." He hands Miguel a phone. "She'll call you concerning your opportunity one way or the other, as she put it. And I don't need to tell you that leaving the city would be bad for you, right?" he adds sternly.

Turning to look at everyone, he says, "Have a nice trip, and once again, thank you for your cooperation in this investigation." He and Agent Mathers then turn and leave you in the bustling terminal.

Deva

First Post
With a small frown, Sarah watches Aaron's father drag him off. "Is it just me or do you get the impression that Mr. Kuyper couldn't get away from us fast enough?" She shakes her head and finds a seat to wait until the flight home.

Calinon

First Post
"Seems it, yo. Think he has a problem with strong, black men, or just elites in general? Once we get to New York I think I better arrange for someone to keep tabs on Aaron and his parents. Hey, anyone want a coffee?" Tyrone asks, heading for the Starbucks outlet.

On his way, he spots a little shop with a cowboy hat he just must have, along with a cool pair of sunglasses with a lone star on the right lens. He buys those and a new T-shirt he puts on before leaving the shop. Finally, he gets the coffee and heads back to wait for the flight with Sarah.

Last edited:

Remove ads