Project Daedalus (Issue 3)

Calinon

First Post
"I got no idea," Tyrone says. "Just know that you, me and Aaron are on it, and I'm supposed to be the leader. But that sounds more like they want a familiar face as the mouthpiece than anything.

"Some reporter babe had some inside scoop. Wonder if it made the web news yet," he adds, doing a search for news on the team. "Kinda funny we have to look for information on the web. Talk about organization, huh?"

Mimic

First Post
Hey I would rather have you as leader then some G-man with a stick up his ass and it sounds like a typical government agency if you ask me. Miguel replys as he watches Tyrone search for any clues about the new team.

Thanks for letting Alita and I crash here by the way.

Agamon

Adventurer
Tyroc, Mimic
Tyrone can’t find anything on the internet about the new team, nothing concrete anyway. Lunch is soon ready, and everyone has a bite to eat before Mama drags you all off shopping.

Misha
Jennifer looks at you and smiles. “Thanks for the great evening, Misha, I had fun. But I don’t think that’s such a good idea. I’m heading back to New York in about an hour to make sure everything is ready for you people tomorrow morning. Besides, I just broke up with my boyfriend last week, I’m not really looking for another relationship right now, especially with someone I’m going to be working with. Not very prudent.”

She opens her wings, flexing them a bit. “I’ll see you in the morning. Thanks again, I had a wonderful evening.” She leans in to kiss you on the cheek and smiles once more before launching herself into the air and flying away.

Blizzard
You get back to your apartment, and pack some essentials for the trip to New York. Taking a cab to the airport, you’re soon on your way to the Big Apple and your new future.

Shimmering Samurai
The look of shock on Dan’s face turns to bitter disappointment before quickly changing to one of smug arrogance. “I have a question for you, Kiro. Who do you think sent me?” he asks with a smirk. As he does, you fell his wrist begin to turn immaterial as his entire body seems to disperse and fade into nothingness, leaving you with nothing but your spoiled tea, the needle, and the clothes he was wearing, still lying on the seat. A few of the other passengers notice this, leaving you in something of a difficult predicament.

Elementor
Ms. Winters looks relieved at your declaration. “Thank goodness, I was having a hard time reaching Screaming Eagle,” she says. “Your parents have signed the necessary forms already. I’m going to take you back to New York with me, and tomorrow morning you can meet up with Tyrone and the others, okay?”

You go back upstairs to pack a few things to bring with and come back down, ready to go. Your mom starts to cry. “I’m going to miss you so much,” she says, giving you a hug. “You be good, alright? Listen to Ms. Winters and the others in charge, they know what’s best, okay?”

Your mother lets you go and your dad puts a hand on your shoulder. “I wasn’t sure what to make of all this, son. But it looks like this is the best option for all of us.” He shakes your hand and pulls you close for a hug. “I know you make us proud, Aaron.”

With that, you leave with Ms. Winters, who takes you to the airport and off to New York.

Washington, DC, After the meeting

Jennifer leaves the building, looking rather flustered. Senator Haynes follows her out. “That didn’t go the way I had envisioned,” he says to her.

Jennifer shakes her head. “No, it didn’t. I’m not sure what Clark is thinking…”

“Why don’t you ask me then, Miss Borlund,” Senator Clark says, walking up behind the two.

“I don’t have time for this. If I’m responsible for informing those I recommended, then I have a busy day ahead of me,” she says with a frown. “Senators,” she says with a nod before turning about and walking away.

“Much of the committee seemed to agree with you today, John. I can’t help but think that this meeting was nothing more than a formality,” Senator Haynes says to the other man.

“I spoke of my concerns with many of the members before today, David, and many of us ended up agreeing. Is it such a terrible thing that bureaucracy is moving this forward and not needlessly tying it up?” Clark responds. “The President himself wanted a rush put on this, and we obliged to that.”

Haynes shakes his head. “I’ll see you, John,” he says before turning to leave.

Once Haynes is gone, Clark removes a cell phone, dialing a number. “Clark. It went very well, in fact. Oh, I’m certain she may suspect, but she knows nothing. Regardless, the first phase of Project Icarus is near completion. I’ll keep in touch.”

That ends Issue 3

Last edited:

Remove ads