• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Project Phoenix is live!

Kerrick

First Post
Just because you don't get a class ability doesn't mean you get nothing. Increases in BAB and/or saves, and getting new (levels of) spells are "goodies", too, IMO. I was fairly careful to avoid having levels where you gained nothing at all, even a BAB or save increase.

StormingMarcus

First Post
I would not consider BAB and saves as a goodie... Every class gets them, though at different ratios, so they're not the shtick of a specified class.
Just my opinion, i'd give something, even insignificant, at every level...

Kerrick

First Post
They're not unique to a given class, no, but they're still an improvement, however insignificant. In 3.5, with all the dead levels, getting even a BAB or save boost was a big deal.

StormingMarcus

First Post
Yes, but because you're going to improve 3.5, why don't get rid of dead levels? We've already discussed this in another section, and i keep on thinking that adding class features would not be a problem, both in GM's and players' point of view.

Remove ads