• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pronunciation of Handles

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
i pronounce my handle, "hann-dul". :)

but the easiest way to pronounce Boz is to say it as "wizard of Boz" ;)

Green Knight

First Post
Now you know. And knowing IS 1/2 the battle...

YO JOE!

yb-bigscansm4.gif

Cthulhu's Librarian

Well, the first word is a difficult one. According to HP Lovecraft:
"The actual sound - as nearly as human organs could imitate it or human letters record it - may be taken as something like Khlul'-hloo, with the first syllable pronounced gutturally and very thickly."
or
"The best approximation one can make is to grunt, bark, or cough the imperfectly formed syllables Cluh-Luh with the tip of the tongue firmly affixed to the roof of the mouth. That is, if one is a human being. Directions for other entities are naturally different."

I prefer kuh-THOOL-hoo, just because it's easier, and he won't hear me.

So... kuh-THOOL-hoo-s li-brar-i-an

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Ugh! People are always asking me how to pronounce my username and I'm tired of it! Just sound it out! :D

On an even less serious note, I have to say that I only just recently noticed that fusangite's user name is NOT "fungasite". fusangite gives you a much greater aura of respectibility, dude.

lisdexic? Mot ne!

P.S. Also, I noticed the smileys in Henry's post. Does that mean we can't say assassin? (edit: apparantly we can and Henry was just being respectful of Grandma Noah. I hereby appologize for my gratuitious use of the word "assassin" in such a manner again)

Last edited:

Nightchilde-2

First Post
Rel said:
P.S. Also, I noticed the smileys in Henry's post. Does that mean we can't say assassin? (edit: apparantly we can and Henry was just being respectful of Grandma Noah. I hereby appologize for my gratuitious use of the word "assassin" in such a manner again)

Assassin got the shaft.

brun

First Post
mine is really "un-English", but I'll try.

Nope, I can't think of a way. It really is the french word (and pronounciation) of the color Brown.

And, if I may,
Last name Thernadier.

Thur-nah-dee-ay.

Got this from Les Miserables. The innkeepers and Eponine are the Thernadier family.

Isn't the name Thenardier (notice the R)
I'm pretty sure that it is, at least in it's original language :)

Last edited:

d4

First Post
d4 = "FOUR - SIDER"

my previous screen nick was bwgwl. i'll leave that one up to your imagination. ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads