• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Proof 4e is broken

Asmor

First Post
If you didn't think that 4e is broken, here's proof. Absolutely any character-- even a newborn who's too young to crawl-- can move faster than the speed of light.

All it takes is 1,180,285,267 clerics or paladins arranged in a straight line who all have the feat Avandra's Rescue. Have them all delay so they take their turns in order, starting with the one closest to the newborn. Each of them then uses Avandra's Rescue to switch places with the newborn.

End result: It's just moved almost 1.2 billion squares over the course of 6 seconds. Assuming I've done the math right, it's moved faster than the speed of light.

Why does WotC hate relativity?

MarkB

Legend
Dammit, I'd heard they'd nerfed fast travel, but this is ridiculous. I was prepared for teleportation to require a ritual, or an expensive material component, but where the heck am I supposed to find 1,180,285,267 clerics or paladins on short notice?

Bretbo

First Post
Never work because you could never keep that many Clerics or Paladins in one place long enough, they're shifty...no wait, I'm thinking of Kolbolds. Carry on.

Andor

First Post
Nah, it's only broken if all 1,180,285,267 clerics or paladins are related to the kid.

Or wait, if it breaks relativity does that mean the by the end of the teleport the kid is no longer related to them? Have I found a way out of my Paladin's paternity suit?

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
This reminds me of the old contests my friends and I had (back in the day) to see who could most masterfully exploit the old AD&D 2e psionics rules. IIRC, the guy who could deliver 200+ attacks in one combat round took the cake.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Uh... you do realized they already tried that back during the 1980s and it ended with the baby being flung out into the pacific ocean where it was devowered by a great white shark.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads