Proposal - 2nd Character

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
I have a feeling that the Ebon Mirror group will be closest to 3rd. They were the first group to hit 2nd, after all. Though I guess they did have a DM changeover, whereas the MMC didn't. Still, I think anyone at 2nd level would be pretty lucky to be at 3rd by the time we get the PHB2 approved. And the rest of us will probably be waiting 8-10 months from now.

Personally, if we approve second characters, I'd like to, y'know ... actually have a second character sometime this year ;)

CaBaNa

First Post
I have a feeling that the Ebon Mirror group will be closest to 3rd. They were the first group to hit 2nd, after all. Though I guess they did have a DM changeover, whereas the MMC didn't. Still, I think anyone at 2nd level would be pretty lucky to be at 3rd by the time we get the PHB2 approved. And the rest of us will probably be waiting 8-10 months from now.

Personally, if we approve second characters, I'd like to, y'know ... actually have a second character sometime this year ;)

Second.

garyh

First Post
Per Discussions had in the Discussion III thread, I'd like to propose allowing second characters to be submitted and approved for use in L4W with the following stipulations:

1) The users first character must be 2nd level before allowing said user to create a second character
2) No items/Objects can be transferred from character to character
3) Characters can't adventure together
4) DM's should try to take PC's who's player doesn't already have another character out on adventure.

I guess that's it.

Thoughts?

I'm going on vacation for a week, but I want to get this vote in before I go.

I vote YES on the proposal for second characters as outlined by renau1g.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Per Discussions had in the Discussion III thread, I'd like to propose allowing second characters to be submitted and approved for use in L4W with the following stipulations:

1) The users first character must be 2nd level before allowing said user to create a second character
2) No items/Objects can be transferred from character to character
3) Characters can't adventure together
4) DM's should try to take PC's who's player doesn't already have another character out on adventure.

I guess that's it.

Thoughts?
I'll vote YES too.

I agree with covaithe that 3rd is a long time to wait. To hit 2nd the player has to have been playing for around 6 months; I think that's enough to show a little dedication to the game.

CaBaNa

First Post
I'm happy with the judge decision.
PbP characters develop quickly in RP and slowly mechanically. Making the most out of leveling makes sense.

The Digger

First Post
I am very happy with the 2nd level idea as well, I was perhaps trying to be too cautious with my suggestion of 3rd. That said I don't think I will be making a second character anytime soon. I am really enjoying Girth and I want to wait until I have a really solid concept before working on another.

covaithe

Explorer
Hmm. Currently the charter says
In order to play, you will need to create a character. As of this writing, players are limited to one character each, though that is expected to be increased at some point. A character is created using the guidelines defined...

I'd suggest striking that second sentence completely, and adding something like this farther down, at the end of the Players section:
new text said:
Once your first character reaches 2nd level, you are allowed to create a second character. Characters played by the same player may not interact with each other in any meaningful way. They shouldn't ever be in the same place at the same time, and no exchanging items or services with yourself, even through a third party. Only two characters per player are allowed at this time; to make a third, one of your first two will have to die or retire. (See the Death and Retirement sections below.)

covaithe

Explorer
... and maybe something in the DMing section about preferring players who don't have another character already adventuring, when possible.

Remove ads