Proposal - Allow 3rd PC's

renau1g

First Post
Well I guess we need to take advantage of the hybrid rules (except you only get one class ;) ) or the follower/companion rules from the DMGII...

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
I think a 3rd PC is at the absolute maximum that we can consider but it can be done. We need to restrict this to the most dedicated players, though.

How about; To get a 3rd PC, you need one level 5+ PCs and 1 level 3+ PC?

LadyLaw

First Post
I'm sort of new here, so maybe I should stay out of it, but I agree with Mal about stricter guidelines for a 3rd PC if they're going to be allowed.

I understand about there being a lot of adventures and not as many PCs right now. I also understand the argument that if new people do wander in, you don't want them to have to wait around too long for an adventure (because of PC shortage or otherwise) or else they might just as easily wander away again. However, I also see that the current judges are already seeming a bit overburdened and allowing 3rd PCs is only going to add to that burden. If there are tougher requirements to get that 3rd PC it will lessen that burden a bit.

I also think it might be helpful if more judges were added before 3rd PCs were allowed, as that would also lessen the burden on each individual judge and make it easier to accommodate the workload that approving 3rd PCs would add. However, that requires qualified people volunteering for the job, which I would suppose hasn't happened or the current judges would have jumped on the chance to share the workload already.

renau1g

First Post
I'm sort of new here, so maybe I should stay out of it, but I agree with Mal about stricter guidelines for a 3rd PC if they're going to be allowed.

You definitely should not stay out of things if you have an opinion. The rationale for the proposal system being in the open like this, vs say the judges doing it via e-mail, is that the community will present their thoughts and the judges should take everyone's opinions into consideration. Now some people won't like the outcome, but hey, that's what happens in a semi-democracy, actually more like an oligarchy I guess. Anyways, I appreciate everyone weighing in and like the suggestion about possibly a higher than 3/2 requirement for the 2 PC's. I would never approve anything over 3 PC's either.

Personally I think maybe 4/3 or 4/2. 5 might be a bit high, taking over a year and a half or so to reach 5 (or longer... Quagmire & Incarnation still haven't that high despite adventuring since the start)

elecgraystone

First Post
How about; To get a 3rd PC, you need one level 5+ PCs and 1 level 3+ PC?
I'd like it better if it was a total level. IE both PC's above 1st and they have a total level of 8+. If I have a 2nd and a 6th, am I less dedicated that someone that has a 3rd and 5th? Or 2 4ths?

Or if we go with regau1g, 7+ or 6+ total levels.

renau1g

First Post
This I like. That way if someone was to have waited for a particular book to come out (say Primal Power) they aren't disadvantaged.

Mezegis

First Post
Being another newbie to the area, I'm probably jumping the gun a bit saying I support a 3rd PC (since I don't even have a second yet, lol) I like the 6 level restriction on it since it forces you to have shown some level of commitment to the site and the world at large.

This will definately create a backlog for the judges, so I agree with LadyLaw that maybe getting another Judge or 2 would be good prior to openning the flood-gates.

renau1g

First Post
Not sure if it would be a floodgate or not right away as there aren't too many players who qualify for a 3rd PC. I'm definitely not opposed to another judge or two.

covaithe
EvolutionKB
garyh
JoeNotCharles
Phoenix8008
renau1g
stonegod
Velmont

8 more PC's wouldn't be that much. There's a few more close (around 4-ish). That being said, anyone can review sheets, just need 1 full judge to sign off. A few people have jumped in and reviewed a lot of sheets recently so that's been a great help.

Remove ads