Proposal: Allow Moradin/Sehanine specific feats.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
But the dwarf could already do something very close to that with a Crusader's weapon. Or a Githzerai with a heavy blade implement.

Every now and then the idea of restricting domains and other benefits pops up (here is the latest), but it never gets anywhere. I just don't think it's a good idea for this setting. If someone can come up with a really good justification as for why a cleric of Vulkar is using a bunch of moon-related stuff, I don't want to forbid it; I want to hear it.

Walking Dad

First Post
But the dwarf could already do something very close to that with a Crusader's weapon. Or a Githzerai with a heavy blade implement.

Every now and then the idea of restricting domains and other benefits pops up (here is the latest), but it never gets anywhere. I just don't think it's a good idea for this setting. If someone can come up with a really good justification as for why a cleric of Vulkar is using a bunch of moon-related stuff, I don't want to forbid it; I want to hear it.

As would I, but without a vote to do as SR suggested,

Perhaps we can just expand our current rule that Chanel Divinity feats can apply to any god, with some kind of IC justification, to any feat or PP that requires worship of a specifc god can apply to any god, with some kind of IC justification.

something like taking a Moradin specific feat for a cleric of Vulkar would be forbidden. Shall I change my proposal to ScorpiusRisk's suggestion?

renau1g

First Post
If someone comes up with a specific reason for it, then I guess I'd be fine with it. I'd prefer to see someone taking a non-obvious domain or feat to come up with some fluff that could expand the setting rather than just saying, it makes my character stronger.

The only thing I don't like about the proposal is that it doesn't really establish any rules for how or what establishes IC justification. Does "My cleric was given this gift by the god" work? Does Kal's example above work (I would say that does)? Just curious.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
When player submit their characters for approval the judges have to approve their background, hooks, etc to make sure they do not conflict with the setting. It's hard to set clear rules for that, but reviewers and judges have to use their best judgement.

I see this falling into that same area.

Remove ads