(Proposal) Delmontes Technique Feat Chain, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
If Returning Throw were made to have a prereq of Cha 13+ instead of Wis 13+, and noted to be a supernatural ability (with none of the other feats being so), would that improve this chain's approvability?

Knight Otu

First Post
At least for me, but you know that. ;)
With that change, I'd give it a Yes. Without it, I'll only give it a Yes if two other positive votes have been cast.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
I'm also thinking of switching the effects of Deft Catch and Swift Throw, so that you always catch them before you can throw multiple (just seems to make more sense that way). I think I'd leave the damage increase at the fourth feat, though.

How does that idea sound?

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Alright, this is how the chain stands at the moment.

Delmontes Technique: Trick Throw
You can throw a boomerang in such a way as to make it return on every throw.
Prerequisites: Dex 13+, Quick Draw, Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Boomerang).
Benefit: When you throw a boomerang, it always returns to the square from which it was thrown, regardless of whether or not it hits its target. However, you must still make an attack roll and hit AC 10 to catch it, and you must throw a seperate boomerang for each attack you have.
Normal: Without this feat, your boomerang does not return to you if you hit your target.

Delmontes Technique: Returning Throw
You can throw a boomerang in such a way as to make it return to you after a throw.
Prerequisites: Wis 13+, Quick Draw, Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Boomerang).
Benefit: When you throw a boomerang, if it returns, it returns to whatever square you are in when it returns. However, you must still make an attack roll and hit AC 10 to catch it.
Normal: Without this feat, if your boomerang returns, it returns to the square from which it was thrown.

Delmontes Technique: Deft Catch
You have learned the secret of catching boomerangs on every return.
Prerequisite: BAB +6, Delmontes Technique: Trick Throw, Delmontes Technique: Returning Throw.
Benefit: When you throw a boomerang, it always returns to you, and you do not need to make an attack roll to catch it; you do so automatically. Your damage with a boomerang increases to 1d6 (1d4 for small characters).

Delmontes Technique: Swift Throw
You can throw a boomerang in such a way as to make it return fast enough for you to make multiple attacks with it.
Prerequisites: BAB +8, Delmontes Technique: Deft Catch.
Benefit: When you throw a boomerang, it returns fast enough for you to make multiple attacks with a single boomerang. Your damage with a boomerang increases to 1d8 (1d6 for small characters).
Normal: You must throw a seperate boomerang with each attack you have.

Delmontes Technique: Boomerang Mastery
You have mastered the art of throwing boomerangs.
Prerequisite: Delmontes Technique: Swift Throw.
Benefit: When you throw a boomerang, you no longer provoke an attack of opportunity due to using a ranged weapon. When wielding a boomerang, you threaten a range of 10 feet, and can throw your boomerang for an attack of opportunity within that range.

Last edited:

nimisgod

LEW Judge
I vote yes. These feats provide a measure of power some ways along the chain. The chances are that only a dedicated fighter or other warrior type will even consider these feats and if they take them, it will be for flavor (which I commend) and not necessarily for power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads