Pathfinder 1E Proposal - LEW with Pathfinder Rules

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The death of LEW is what we wish to avoid. To much time has been put into the world/gods/some of the areas. And it would happen if we made a brand new LPW look at what L4W did.

HM

Trouvere

Explorer
Well, fine. If you love the details of this particular world, clone it and go on with Pathfinder games set there. If/when LEW dies, then LPW continues it, sort of.

But there's no reason at all to overwrite the original version of LEW. Leave it alone, for those of us who quite like 3.5 and the characters we have now.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
I like the idea of creating a LPW rather than converting LEW over. Sure, pathfinder is supposed to have a lot of backwards compatibility but it may be easier to just start over.
One possibility is allowing people with a core class LEW character to move it over to LPW. Keep the base stats, the race, the class, equipment, and the feats that are in the core book. Allow the player to convert the rest of the skills over to the new system and apply whatever other changes need to be made. If you have a PrC or other classes that are not in the pathfinder SRD then those classes need to be added to a list to be converted to the new system by the judges for LPW.

Whatever is decided, I find my interest kindled at the thought of running more pathfinder games. I have a 3.5 Eberron game running now and after it has finished I will start running all pathfinder games (and maybe even seeing if my players want to convert if we want to continue the game after this segment finishes.)

Walking Dad

First Post
New (?) idea:

There was a great war in the planes. The humanoids came together in special city states / Vaults to survive the near apocalypse. Now the magic sensors said it would be save to open up again and different scout groups are send into a world all the now living humanoids only know from legends.

Something like a sandbox setting with multible DMs and groupsat first, that will form eventually into a full setting.

Trouvere

Explorer
I'm echoing Mike's comment. I've not been involved in LEW, but would consider a switch to PF.
If you've not been involved in LEW, why would you have any interest in playing a PF version of it in particular, as opposed to any other PF game or world?? Perhaps I misunderstand the direction of your comment, and you just mean you'd be interesting in playing in any LPW.

I don't really understand selc's suggestion of importing LEW PCs into a separate LPW world, either.

I absolutely don't understand the interest in shutting down the only 3.5 living world, forcing the retirement or transformation into something unrecognisable of existing PCs (all of mine, for instance, throwing away 3 years of continuous play), or in borrowing the existing LEW world for an independent LPW (that just smacks of utter laziness), or then kidnapping existing LEW PCs for it.

I'm utterly baffled.

renau1g

First Post
If you think that using what others created is laziness that's absurd. The people who want to keep alive the work that was done are doing so because they like the setting. Perhaps it's prevailing attitudes that have kept people away, such antagonism is shocking for me from a judge, people are suggesting things and you attack them.

I'm utterly baffled myself.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Question, (and i'm on break at work so won't have alot of time to respond to anything but,)

What does it take to get a Living world started mechanic wise? Who starts the main forumn and the top threads like Character Tracking, FAQ, and the like?

As for a world we could start with one city and explore/add things Wiki style. I don't think their is laziness in that aspect, just don't know what to do to get started.

The appeal of a living world is you get to effect the enviroment and history of everything around you. Can come back when you have RL time to fit in another game. See your characters advance. So of course we would like a Living PF in EnWorld how about help in the mechanics department.

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
If you think that using what others created is laziness that's absurd. The people who want to keep alive the work that was done are doing so because they like the setting. Perhaps it's prevailing attitudes that have kept people away, such antagonism is shocking for me from a judge, people are suggesting things and you attack them.

I'm utterly baffled myself.

You get use to it renau1g, but I would like to hear some view points from other judges on this. (We only need three yes votes)

HM

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
If you've not been involved in LEW, why would you have any interest in playing a PF version of it in particular, as opposed to any other PF game or world?? Perhaps I misunderstand the direction of your comment, and you just mean you'd be interesting in playing in any LPW.

I don't really understand selc's suggestion of importing LEW PCs into a separate LPW world, either.

I absolutely don't understand the interest in shutting down the only 3.5 living world, forcing the retirement or transformation into something unrecognisable of existing PCs (all of mine, for instance, throwing away 3 years of continuous play), or in borrowing the existing LEW world for an independent LPW (that just smacks of utter laziness), or then kidnapping existing LEW PCs for it.

I'm utterly baffled.

I don't really have a pony in the race, other than a friend asked me to chime in. I'd be just as interested in a new living world using the PF ruleset as a conversion of LEW.

You plainly love the current LEW, and that's awesome! I sincerely hope you're not the only one, and that you can keep it around and vital for a long time.

However, calling existing LEW players out for laziness (regarding the idea of making a separate LPW bit using the same setting) discounts the idea that they may actually love the setting as much as you do, but also love the PF ruleset.

Selc's suggestion seemed a lot more, um, voluntary than 'kidnapping' to me.

Finally, I really like WD's suggestion of a new world - bit then, I'm not invested in the old one (as many of you are).

Last edited:

Remove ads