proposal: not require summaries on character sheets

renau1g

First Post
I suppose I'm too much of a geek and know the rules/feats, etc way too well that when I look at the CS and see the summary I usually have a pretty good idea how that PC is built. I probably need to get out more...well at least the summer's coming.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
As one of the most active reviewer's I don't think it would really save or increase the amount of time. I end up checking in both places either way.

As a DM I do find it time saving to have that information up top. If we no longer required it and all sheets no longer had it, I think I would instinctively jump to the table of contents and it would be fine. If some had full summaries and others did not, I think that would then become tiresome.

I did most of the work on the current spreadsheet, and I didn't originally include a summary page. I found that the sheet itself was easy to find what I was looking for. However, others didn't and asked for that summary. I added it, even though I didn't find it useful because others did. It requires a couple extra minutes on the players part, and on the part of the reviewers. Considering how much more often a sheet is referenced than updated and reviewed this seemed fair.

Remove ads