Proposal:Sacrifice to Caiphon Feat - Repeal the houserule

renau1g

First Post
Forked from: Proposal: Star Pact Warlock additions from Dragon 366

JoeNotCharles said:
The article Wish Upon a Star from Dragon 366 (still free at Download - 366_Dragon_Hi.pdf) has new feats and powers for the Star Pact Warlock.

7 Rabbit would love to have these available by the time he hits level 2.

It contains the following feats, all requiring the Warlock class, but not specifically Star Pact:

Heroic:
Sacrifice to Caiphon
Starfire Womb
Shadow's Eclipse

Paragon:
Twofold Pact (allows use of two Warlock pacts)
Bael Turath Born (Tiefling only)

Epic Tier:
Student of the Athaneum

It also includes new Warlock powers for all levels (again, available to all Warlocks, but most useful for Star Pact), a new paragon path Student of Caiphon (which does require Star Pact), and a new epic destiny Radiant One (which actually has no prerequisites except 21st level, but is thematically most appropriate for Star Pact warlocks).

Note that there were some revisions from the standalone version of the article, so be sure to look at the complete issue linked above. (The only one I can remember is that Twofold Pact was Tiefling only in that version.)

I'd like to re-submit the above feat from Dragon 366 as it doesn't appear we have decided to change most other WOTC rules and there is little evidence that the above is actually overpowered, especially in direct comparison to such powers as Rain of Blows, or the feat Righteous Rage of Tempus.

Don Incognito

First Post
I am going to try very hard not to be bitter or sarcastic or condescending.

Let me explain to you how democracy works.

In a democracy, you put things to a vote. If the thing you voted on doesn't pass, or if the thing you didn't vote for passed, this does not mean that your voice wasn't heard, it means that the community as a whole disagrees with you. I've noticed a trend with proposal threads; the person making the proposal gets very pissy and demands explanation for why they can't get what they want.

Reaper's Touch will (most likely) not pass. Sacrifice to Caiphon did not pass. To put it gently but firmly, build a bridge and get over it.

I do this not out of hate, but out of love.

renau1g

First Post
Actually, in a true democratic society laws and measures are voted on and if someone has an objection they can make it (as happened the first time around).

In most countries there exists a mechanism to repeal laws that are determined to be either ineffectual, outdated, etc.

Look at prohibition laws...slave laws, etc.

In a true democratic society, one doesn't have to sit idly by and allow something that he feels should be changed to stay in effect.

Also, I think asking for a rationale is a fair request? If tomorrow, your states senators all voted on reinstating slave laws, or repealing children labour laws wouldn't most people want to know?

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Reaper's Touch will (most likely) not pass. Sacrifice to Caiphon did not pass. To put it gently but firmly, build a bridge and get over it.
IIRC, L4W is not a democracy—its a representational oligarchy. Remember, only Judge votes "count".

That being said, covaithe did mention elsewhere that if r1 wanted to revisit the issue, he could re-propose it.. r1 is just following up on that.

That being said, someone needs to check if the 3mo "wait to re-propose" rule in the charter has been met.

renau1g

First Post
Good points stonegod. It has indeed been three months since the March 3 approval, please see original forked thread for back-up

Also, I believe Ozy mentioned he'd most likely consider this.

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
Three cheers for de-nerfing Warlocks! :):D:lol:

I won't ever be playing one, but I support them all the same...:p

Why should the strength based classes get all the fun?

covaithe

Explorer
I'm open to this. I skimmed through the original thread again, and the arguments in favor of nerfing it.... don't seem as convincing as they did then. And, reading that thread, I was hardly convinced then. With warlocks not exactly burning up the records page, I'm inclined to un-nerf this. But I'll hold off a bit and see if anyone has other arguments to offer.

Atanatotatos

First Post
'Cuz, you know... they get hit :p

(I mean... Alexander took... *counts*... 74 points of damage till now! (in the encounter with Kartharath). Girth is safe into cover. And that's the way it should be! I mean... It's only obvious that you have more mele-oriented options when you're risking your character's life in melee every round!

(Jokes aside, the feat is alright by me.)

renau1g

First Post
'Cuz, you know... they get hit :p

(I mean... Alexander took... *counts*... 74 points of damage till now! (in the encounter with Kartharath). Girth is safe into cover. And that's the way it should be! I mean... It's only obvious that you have more mele-oriented options when you're risking your character's life in melee every round!

(Jokes aside, the feat is alright by me.)

Murphy prefers to have as many meat-shields between him and the enemy as possbile so keep on making those melee PC's ;)

Remove ads