Proposal - Seperate Adventure Subforum

Theroc

First Post
Now that I think about it, if we move the discussion to a subforum, we risk people not bothering to read it. I bet more people would bother clicking on a subforum for the actual adventures than for random discussion.

Irony: This topic would be in that subforum, as would proposals.

No one reads the stuff that makes the adventures happen! :eek:

covaithe

Explorer
Creating a subforum is, I gather a somewhat nontrivial task, involving direct administrator action. I.e., it's not something you or I can do. We'd have to ask Morrus for it.

I think tags is a better option. I think a thread's creator can add tags to it, but I'm not entirely sure how to filter by tags. The LEW forum has a few dropdowns at the bottom, where you can filter the threads by Adventure, Proposal, etc. I'd like that, if we can figure out how to do it.

Tomalak

First Post
It's easier to implement a detailed system like tabs than getting a subforum? Weird. Anyway, good luck with whatever you decide, and let me know if there's a way I can help.

covaithe

Explorer
Well, easiest of all is to just muddle on as we have been. Perhaps not ideal, but it doesn't seem to be preventing us from having fun.

renau1g

First Post
I think things are working fine as is. It forces everyone to see all the threads going on, especially the non-adventure ones that might affect their PCs (ie proposals). I have yet to have an issue finding a thread as the adventures very rarely fall off page 1, especially now with the new proposal system. There's usually only a handful of off-topic threads so I don't think it needs another forum.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
I'd definitely prefer tags to a subforum. What tags should there be? Off the top of my head, threads tend to break down into:

Adventure
Non-adventure IC (such as the Tavern or the Screamer)
Proposal - for official proposals to vote on
Discussion - both stuff like the Peanut Gallery, and rules discussion that's not moved to a formal proposal yet
Administration - official announcements (granted we haven't really done any of that, but it might be good to reserve a tag for it)

On the other hand, the more tags there are the harder it is to filter correctly, so I don't think we should use all of these. The simplest split would be:

IC
OOC

On the gripping hand, it's useful to be able to find official proposal threads (as I know from trying to track things down when rewriting the charter) so I think my preferred list is:

IC - adventures, the Tavern and Screamer, etc
OOC - non-proposal discussion, including administration
Proposal - things that must be voted on

CaBaNa

First Post
I don't have the time to keep up with every adventure, however I do keep up with The Hanged Man (kinda), and The Screamer.

It's enjoyable seeing all the advenure and non-adventure stuff on one thread. It let's me know what is active about the community.

There doesn't seem to be a problem that needs fixing.

If we did change the way things are organized, I'd rather pull OOC conversation out of IC threads, than alter where I access threads. Tags are ok, but subscription function, and a brief scan of the forum normally do it for me.

If there isn't a need for a large overhaul, it may be best to avoid it.

Kalidrev

First Post
I like the idea of tags, though I think CaBaNa is right. With the implementation of the new proposal system (auto allow items after 1 month), we will be seeing a LOT less proposals. However, at the same time, I think this means that any proposals that there ARE, will get buried all the easier.

As someone who tries to follow pretty much everything on both L4W and LEB (with the exception of most of the addies), the ability to see just the proposals, or just the adventures would be a boon to me, since it would mean that I don't have to scroll through 15 pages of old stuff to see any proposals that have been pushed to other pages because of all of the adventures.

Remove ads