PS2 vs. XBox

Captain Tagon

First Post
Dark Jezter said:
Knights of the Old Republic
Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords (not as incredible as the original, but still a good game)
Fable
Jade Empire

Edit: Oops, just notice that you said PS2 or PC. So you can scratch KOTOR and KOTOR2 from the list.

And Fable,

Dark Jezter

First Post
Welverin said:
The Xbox isn't exactly an rpg system is it?

More of the online gaming console of choice.
True, the XBox dosen't have a real wide selection of RPGs. However, I would take Knights of the Old Republic or Jade Empire over any of the PS2 RPGs I can think of. KOTOR is one of my favorite single player RPGs of all time, right up there with Baldur's Gate II and Final Fantasy VII.

Shard O'Glase

First Post
Dark Jezter said:
True, the XBox dosen't have a real wide selection of RPGs. However, I would take Knights of the Old Republic or Jade Empire over any of the PS2 RPGs I can think of. KOTOR is one of my favorite single player RPGs of all time, right up there with Baldur's Gate II and Final Fantasy VII.

ditto. I'll take quality of quantity any day, ps2 has tons of rpgs unfortunately 99% of them suck. I'll just chalk it up to cultural differences. The problem is if you got a computer that can play good games many if not all the xbox rpgs are also on your pc. Xbox costs like 100$ now and to me that's worth it even if you could also play the rpg on your pc because consoles just deliver a different gaming experience in my experiennce. They are more social to me, its easier to hang out on the couch with a friend as you play through a game.

Aus_Snow

First Post
OK, how about I broaden the criteria a tad?

Are there *any* good games for the XBox that are not also on PS2 and/or PC? Or any games that are done *best* (of these 3 platforms) on XBox?

Apart from those already mentioned, that is. :)

John Crichton

First Post
Aus_Snow said:
OK, how about I broaden the criteria a tad?

Are there *any* good games for the XBox that are not also on PS2 and/or PC? Or any games that are done *best* (of these 3 platforms) on XBox?

Apart from those already mentioned, that is. :)
Beyond Good & Evil
Halo / Halo 2 <- I am not a FPS fan but these games rock. Yeah, I know they are on PC but they are best played on the Xbox.

Gnarlo

Gnome Lover
Supporter
John Crichton said:
Beyond Good & Evil
Halo / Halo 2 <- I am not a FPS fan but these games rock. Yeah, I know they are on PC but they are best played on the Xbox.

Beyond G&E is also availabe on the PS2.

I agree with the different experience on consoles, though. I finished GTA3 and Vice City on the PC, then played San Andreas on the PS2 and was so amazed at the difference at playing with a controller vs a keyboard that I've gone back and played the other two through on my PS2 now :)

I'll stick take a keyboard and mouse over a controller any day when it comes to shooters, however.

Remove ads