• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Psionics in Spycraft: What do I need?

Vrylakos

First Post
Ok, so I've recently bought all of the class books for Spycraft. I also bought the Pan Asian Collective.

So, now I'm thinking, what the hell may as well buy some more Shadowforce Archer books.

In particular, what should I buy to get psionics info? Which SFA books address them, and are worth getting.

Hm, Psion, you out there? I choose you, Psion-chu!

Vrylakos

Von Ether

Legend
You are in luck, The Shop book, which details the psionic R&D splinter group from Archer conspiracy just came out and it has some PrC and NPC psionic classes (and villians) as well as some feats and the like. In essence, it borders on a pure scifi book for Spycraft since it includes power armor and new gadget rules.

I also think that the the Archer Chamber book, which came out earlier this year, has a psionic focus as well. I definatly got the impression, though, that all of the chamber books have a few psionic tidbits.

Last edited:

Vrylakos

First Post
Von Ether said:
You are in luck, The Shop book, which details the psionic R&D splinter group from Archer conspiracy just came out and it has some PrC and NPC psionic classes (and villians) as well as some feats and the like. In essence, it borders on a pure scifi book for Spycraft since it includes power armor and new gadget rules.

I also think that the the Archer Chamber book, which came out earlier this year, has a psionic focus as well. I definatly got the impression, though, that all of the chamber books have a few psionic tidbits.
Hm, sounds interesting.

So, just how powerful does a Spycraft/SFA psychic get? I'm curious as to what power level they're aiming for.

Vrylakos

Von Ether

Legend
Vrylakos said:
Hm, sounds interesting.

So, just how powerful does a Spycraft/SFA psychic get? I'm curious as to what power level they're aiming for.

Vrylakos

Well, that depends on what level you are talking about. I am just designing my own game, so I have to discover that myself. I have heard that telepathy is pretty weak on the low end, but that the Physical Adept is a John Woo nightmare on the high end.

mostholycerebus

First Post
You need the Shadowforce Archer hardcover to get the base psion classes and most of the powers. Archer Foundation has quite a bit of stuff too. I've played a PhysAd and a Telepath, they are pretty damn well balanced, as is everything else in the Spycraft system.

Vrylakos

First Post
mostholycerebus said:
You need the Shadowforce Archer hardcover to get the base psion classes and most of the powers. Archer Foundation has quite a bit of stuff too. I've played a PhysAd and a Telepath, they are pretty damn well balanced, as is everything else in the Spycraft system.
Groovy! I am hoping to pick this up soon. Sounds very tasty!

Vrylakos

Corinth

First Post
Psions in SFA can get pretty powerful, but only if you focus upon power development and then your character is likely to be powerful only in one or two psion skills. This is because you have to choose between improving psion and mundane skills with your skill points, and there is never enough of those things to do all that you want. The psion prestige classes do boost things, but only in their narrow niche; you have to decide from the get-go that this PrC is what you want your character to be in order to make it work to its fullest potential.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
Hey Vrylakos,

I bought The Archer Foundation and The Hand of Glory Shadowforce Archer sourcebooks but never got around to using them. They are both in excellent condition and if you are interested in getting them cheap, drop me an e-mail:

jjbardales@yahoo.com

Remove ads