• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Psyched about d20 Supers!

HalfElfSorcerer

First Post
Based on the sneak peek in Asgard magazine, it looks like d20 Supers is going to be AWESOME! The rules seem to be very versatile from what I can tell. It would seem easy to plug them in to almost anything, from a standard Justice League-type game, to a fantasy game, to a modern game. It's also probably going to be a snap to recreate any superhero or supervillian you desire. Is anyone else as enticed as I am?

Feel free to post questions either here, or on the Nat20 board.

Also, just as a little hint, we're thinking of asking for volunteer submissions for a book of extra powers and sample supers. We can't have _every_ type of power, so hopefully we'll be able to get people here to figure out the things we miss, and to write up characters so we can showcase the versatility of the system.

And, sadly, the Epic Level Handbook is coming out in a few weeks time, which means I'll have to start having to revise the rules to handle epic-level characters. So far I've just had to guess what 21st+ level characters would be like.

So far, the sample characters in the book include:

Layla Adrian, "Larcen"--a 20th level character with indomitable endurance and an internal device that lets her channel that inner power to create objects out of force.

Blitz Jagger, "The Shade"--an 11th level character from a pulp 1930s setting, with the ability to pass through walls.

Tinker Oddcog--a 23rd level villain from a 19th-century magic-steam setting, with the ability to bond with machinery.

Rianna Soliogn, "Gale"--Tinker's 30th level heroic nemesis who has control over nature's destructive energies.

Zidi Wheatling, "The Halfling Titan"--a 7th level halfling girl, blessed by fey, who goes cavorting around dual-wielding a huge and a large sword at the same time.

We might add more, but we don't want the book to end up being huge.

Last edited:

Remove ads