[Ptolus] Erik Mona Blogs Final Ptolus Session

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
That's how I felt in the last campaign-defining giant battle I was in, controlling multiple PCs -- time seems to whiz by.

Nice ending line!

What's next on the horizon? Will the same players, minus Monte and Sue, stay together with a new DM?

diaglo

Adventurer
Piratecat said:
What's next on the horizon? Will the same players, minus Monte and Sue, stay together with a new DM?

Erik,

sweet ending.

maybe youse guys should consider playing an OD&D(1974) campaign. :D

sckeener

First Post
Erik Mona said:
I have no idea how Monte accomplished the feat. Maybe some sort of voodoo magic or something.

Wow....that sounds like the ending at a fireworks show....i.e. sounds like y'all went out with a bang!

what did you feel was the climax of the story arc? Was it during this battle or earlier?

Jaws

First Post
Erik Mona said:
The Brothers Lorenci set sail across the sea to lands unknown, reaching (and then penetrating) a wall in the world to discover the homeland of Benris's titan ancestors. I think Benris went along with them, as well as one of Michele's characters. Alyia, I think.
Ah. The inspiration I needed to link Ptolus and the lands of the Diamond Throne. I'll be using this and another idea from Neil Gaiman (his work on Miracle Man) to make it happen.
Erik Mona said:
Anyway, I can't really remember the fates of all the characters. Major campaign revelations were dropping every ten seconds or so, and we were jumping forward years at a time so that Monte could reveal how certain long-term plots panned out.
I hope that is included with the final campaign journal written by Sue.

Peace and smiles :)

j.

Animus

Explorer
Erik Mona said:
Monte Cook's Ptolus campaign, in which I've played since 1999, ended in a spectacular combat featuring more than 100 painted miniatures, lots of high-profile NPCs from the newly released Ptolus hardcover, and 13 player characters controlled by six players.

It was absolutely crazy and one of the greatest D&D experiences of my life. I blogged about it a few days ago, and thought you guys might be interested in seeing the recap (with pictures!).

--Erik Mona

I read the blog. Awesome. Sounds like a session that I would have enjoyed observing.

Remove ads