• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ptolus: Midwood - "The Dark Waters of Moss Pond"

Tock Chandler

First Post
This flashback was written by Katydid's and Renraw's players, and I think they really got to the early heart of each character. I hope we do another of these. There are some awful things in Tock's past that I'd like to drop more hints about.

Trench

First Post
I'm fully aware of how geeky this is: writing fan-fic about our own characters.

Still, given the fact that all the PC's grew up together, it seemed obvious. And Renraw's player and I have put a great deal of thought into our PC's family backgrounds and history. In fact, Renraw's player has put thought into the Kems that put my thoughts on the Leaches to shame. We get to play around with that a lot in a later story.

This was fun to write. I have thought of doing more, for certain.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
If anyone has held off on reading the Midwood story hour because of its size or apparent complexity, the next chapter -- which starts tomorrow -- is a perfect time to jump on. The campaign is split in two, and the chapters will alternate between the heroes of Midwood and the fugitives.

Next up, the heroes attempt to win favor with Bishop Lehmann (and pay him back for raising Emmerson from the dead) by going into the incredibly haunted Maidensbridge Abbey and lifting the curse there.

Renraw Kem

First Post
Tock Chandler said:
This flashback was written by Katydid's and Renraw's players
I'm not sure how much I had to do with this one. I think not much at all, but I definitely approve. It was really well done, all of it.

I wouldn't say no to doing another one as a group.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
"The Abbey in the Woods" adventure began August 15, 2006 and marks the beginning of a new, two-part direction for the campaign.

The heroes of Maidensbridge, who are featured in this chapter, have a clear goal in mind: Find out what the Green Mountain kobolds are up to, and stop them. But before they can do that, they have to honor a deal made with the local bishop.

Renraw Kem

First Post
bissichan said:
Lots of unexplained bits, to. For instance, Tucker goes out of his way to protect Katadid and Tock accuses him of being Kat's bully.
I read that as Tock only seeing Tucker standing over a dripping, sputtering Kat and filling in the blanks for himself.

But the way it's written, it's kind of vague what actually happened...Tucker could have been the one who pushed Kat in in the first place, but felt guilty when Kat fell in.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Ptolus fans will notice the campaign is taking on a tone much more similar to that of the Big Book. This adventure closely coincided with its release, so a lot of the themes from the book start showing up in the campaign, even though it's set half a world away.

Remove ads