• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ptolus: Midwood - "The Dark Waters of Moss Pond"

Gnome Quixote

First Post
The scene between Emus and Hazel's family is actually one of my favorite "quiet moments" of the campaign thus far. Emus pointing out that Hazel is the one character that all the others will listen to was a stroke of brilliance.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
The technology of the Tarsisian Empire hasn't really shown up much before now, but Emus' desire to make things blow up will become something of a recurring character trait. Other technological innovations will also start showing up more and more as the campaign continues, thanks to the Big Book spelling out for me just how much of it is out there, especially in the hands of the Grailwarden dwarves, who live with the Prustan humans in this region of the world.

And a spell to turn rainwater into holy water seems pretty reasonable and fun. I might work that one out one of these days.

Gnome Quixote said:
The scene between Emus and Hazel's family is actually one of my favorite "quiet moments" of the campaign thus far. Emus pointing out that Hazel is the one character that all the others will listen to was a stroke of brilliance.
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
And a spell to turn rainwater into holy water seems pretty reasonable and fun. I might work that one out one of these days.
I've always said that Emus is both sensitive and a tactical genius.

Trench

First Post
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
To this day, I'm not sure what motivated the players to start in on the acolyte the way they did. I think sometimes, players just like to torture NPCs some.

This adventure is, so far in the campaign, my favorite for many reasons. The drafting of poor Oktav is one of them.

HORRIBLE DEATH!

bissichan

First Post
The press-ganging of Redshirt and the All-Gods Prayer set up the stage for a great campaign.

...the stuff that is coming is priceless.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
It was at this point that I reminded Bufer's player that the funny guys always die horribly in horror stories.

Unlike a lot of my adventures I run, where I accommodate lots of humor, I ran this adventure deadly serious, with a Blair Witch Project sort of tone. The group still made jokes for a while, but the horrors of the abbey took their toll over time.

The next adventure, featuring the fugitives, was run concurrently, and provides a lot of the levity missing from the adventure in the abbey.

The altered Lothianite symbols and murals and such were great visuals, but suddenly finding that the aspect of Lothian that was missing from the cross was the creepiest part of the adventure.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads