Ptolus ongoing review p.1...10

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Frukathka said:
:cool: Crud. Now I want the book in front of me even more now.

Did you order it?

Oh, btw, I totally agree on wanting to have an art gallery somewhere. Would have been AWESOME if one had come on the CD with the book.

The maps themselves look neat too; not just the pictures.

zagorm

First Post
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
Speaking of the sketchbooks, has Monte given the thumbs-down on having them be POD products in addition to pure PDF?

Please forgive me interrupting Thomas’ review but speaking of sketchbooks I have to say we are allowed to make them as POD products . The reason we haven’t done it so far it is because we thought our customers would print only pages which are “really needed” during a game session, not the whole sketchbook at once. :eek:
I will ad POD option to the sketchbooks as soon as I will be back from holiday. So around Saturday they should be available on sale.
Regards
Z

Jürgen Hubert

First Post
I've browsed through the book, and I like what I see a lot.

Nevertheless, I must question the wisdon of printing the floor plan for Jabel Shammar on the same sheet of paper as the poster map of the city - especially so that the former is on the outside if you fold the map.

I mean, the city map is supposed to be relatively common knowledge, while Jabel Shammer is pretty much the definition of a DM-only map... ;)

Jaws

First Post
Jürgen Hubert said:
Nevertheless, I must question the wisdon of printing the floor plan for Jabel Shammar on the same sheet of paper as the poster map of the city - especially so that the former is on the outside if you fold the map.

I mean, the city map is supposed to be relatively common knowledge, while Jabel Shammer is pretty much the definition of a DM-only map... ;)
Sue gave me those maps to give to my players when I ran "Welcome to Ptolus" at Gen Con. Plus Player Guides for each one too.
zagorm said:
Please forgive me interrupting Thomas’ review but speaking of sketchbooks I have to say we are allowed to make them as POD products . The reason we haven’t done it so far it is because we thought our customers would print only pages which are “really needed” during a game session, not the whole sketchbook at once.
I will ad POD option to the sketchbooks as soon as I will be back from holiday. So around Saturday they should be available on sale.
Regards
Z
I look forward to it.

Peace and smiles :)

j.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
zagorm said:
Please forgive me interrupting Thomas’ review but speaking of sketchbooks I have to say we are allowed to make them as POD products . The reason we haven’t done it so far it is because we thought our customers would print only pages which are “really needed” during a game session, not the whole sketchbook at once. :eek:
You have just made me VERY happy. :D

Jürgen Hubert said:

Tell me about it! You'd think that for $120, they would give us 2 poster maps so you wouldn't have to flip them! It's supposed to be Deluxe!!!

librarius_arcana

First Post
Thomas Percy said:
Once again, sorry for my bad English, sorry for my editorial mistakes (I wrote it in the hurry), sorry that I have no patience (and many more) to make this review such deep and professional as these of eg. Merric, or JoeKrusher. The weekend starts, I will have two full day game sessions, so I will continiue after minimum two days break.

Don't worry about it dude, you are doing a good job on selling me on this :)

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
Frukathka said:
:cool: Crud. Now I want the book in front of me even more now.

D00d, mine was just delivered at work with a copy of The Night of Dissolution. The entire time the hype has been going on about this book, I've been like "I'll reserve judgement until I see it." I couldnt bring myself to be THAT excited becasue I was almost expecting to be let down.

D00d, this book is straight AWESOME. No other way to put it. My only regret is that I'm not going to be able to read this bad boy on the way to work, because it's so unweildy. I was planning on pillaging parts of it for my own game, but after flipping through it I actually want to run it AS IS. Fantastic.

Remove ads