Ptolus: The Legend of Longcoat

dog45

First Post
A trio of youths sit at a table in the corner, drinking out of mugs while watching as people make their vows. The one dressed in a worn leather coat snickers to himself and whispers something to his mates causing them to laugh. Finishing his beer, he places it carefully on the table and stands up, leaning forward on his cane. "Oy!" he shouts. "Me friends here don't think that any of you stand much of a chance, going up against Longcoat by ye's lonesomes." He leans back, casually examining his fingernails before continuing.

"Sos I've decided to join you all in your brave and noble quest against tyranny. With your alls dedication, and my charming good looks, with a bit of the pale luck we should have him caught in no time!" He smiles down at his friends sitting at the table. "Hells bells gents, we might as well just put the word out that were looking for this fellow and he should very well turn himself in from fright!"

Dave Turner

First Post
Akilu glances over his shoulder at the young man in the leather coat.

We'll see if those looks of yours can turn aside Longcoat's blade."

The darfellan gathers his ancestral trident from where he propped it, his only link to his slaughtered tribe. He stalks through the crowd till he arrives at the bar across from Yan. Gripping the weapon in one hand, he slides his wooden mug across the bar with the other.

"It seems like there are a few who are interested in your offer, Yan. What worries me is that this offer is just empty talk. 500 gold, eh, Yan? We risk our necks, maybe we take down Longcoat. We're supposed to believe that you'll have 500 gold waiting for us, right next to unwatered wine in a clean glass? I doubt this whole dump is worth 500.

It's a simple question, Yan: how do we know you're good for 500?"

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Yan looks about to make a sharp comment before his eyes seem to fully take in the pointed teeth and broad frame of the darfellan.

"Look here: The Shark may be a ratling's arse, but it's an honest arse. If I weren't honest, one of these here liberty hounds," Yan gestures with his rag to a hard-drinking knot of Imperial sailors carousing despite the black mood of the day, "They would have cut me a second smile a long time ago. Ask up and down the Docks: There's none more honest than Hanthan Yan."

Last edited:

Cthulhudrew

First Post
Vanden rises and smoothly (but hastily) makes his way towards Akilu and Yan. "Surely there is reward enough in bringing the Longcoat killer to justice, master Darfellan?" Spreading his palms in a conciliatory gesture, he adds, "Yet, if that be not the case, I shall forgo my own share of the reward money."

[sblock=ooc]For the record, I chose teal as my color, but if anyone is having problems seeing/reading it, I'm certainly open to changing. :) [/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
"I am not in this for the money, these killings have to stop and I'll join any who are willing here and now to see this gorpul* stopped." says the dwarven woman at the back.

[sblock=ooc]*Okay so I made gorpul up as a derogatory term for our depraved killer in dwarven.[/sblock]

Dave Turner

First Post
Akilu glances at the dwarven woman, then back to Vanden. He shrugs his striped shoulders.

"Everyone's in this for their own reasons. I've got personal reasons of my own. But I don't have an Oldtown address, so the money matters to me too."

Cthulhudrew

First Post
Dave Turner said:
"Everyone's in this for their own reasons. I've got personal reasons of my own. But I don't have an Oldtown address, so the money matters to me too."

Vanden inclines his head respectfully towards the darfellan. "I meant no disrespect, master darfellan. I yet stand by my offer, and perhaps the additional share will benefit you.

The monk extends his hand to the fisherman. "I hight Vanden. Well met."

dog45

First Post
Grant saunters his way over the bar, taking a spot next to Akilu. Speaking over his shoulder, "The way I see it, certain people shouldn't be making remarks about other peoples looks, if you know what I mean." Grant says to no in particular.

What's this guy doin here giving up good chits for? Grant thinks to himself. He steps in between Akilu and Vanden, shaking Vanden's hand up and down vigorously. "Nice to meet you Vanden, I'm Grant." He pulls Vanden in closer, and faux whispers to him "Listen, if you're so hard up to give away your money, I know a nice charitable organization that would be happy to take it off your hands." Hearing this, his two friends sitting at their table laugh uproariously.

Cthulhudrew

First Post
dog45 said:
What's this guy doin here giving up good chits for? Grant thinks to himself. He steps in between Akilu and Vanden, shaking Vanden's hand up and down vigorously. "Nice to meet you Vanden, I'm Grant."

Vanden smiles warmly at the man's enthusiasm. "Well met, Grant."

He pulls Vanden in closer, and faux whispers to him "Listen, if you're so hard up to give away your money, I know a nice charitable organization that would be happy to take it off your hands."

The monks' eyebrows raise slightly, intrigued. "Truly? I am certainly interested in doing what I can for..."

Hearing this, his two friends sitting at their table laugh uproariously.

"Ah, I see," he says, disengaging his hand from Grant's. "A shame that one would make light in the face of such an emergent situation."

Erekose13

Explorer
"Vanden, Grant, good to see fine men standing up for the people down here. Pleased to meet you as well, I'm Maugra Ironcrane, priest of Tuen." says Maugra as an introduction as she moves out from behind her table. She scoops up her pistol and holsters it with one hand, while the other lifts the mug again to her lips. She moves towards the bar where the other vigilantes are gathering.

Remove ads