• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ptolus: The Legend of Longcoat

Trench

First Post
"There was a funny smell inside, last we checked. Be interesting to see where that came from."

Ada cautiously walks in, holding her shield in front of her massive frame.

Erekose13

Explorer
"Vanden, what if we tried turning it the way you had started to (counterclockwise I believe) a number of times equal to the number of letters in the word Alphabet. That'd only be 8. I think the darts came out after you had turned further than that." offers Maugra.

Pitchwife

First Post
"Smell?"

Jarem sniffs around and will try to follow any scent he discovers. Barring that, he will collect up the cutlery to see if that provokes any ghostly activity. He's learned his lesson, though - to the best of his ability he will maintain vigilance as he moves about the room.

Last edited:

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Vanden gingerly pokes at the dragon horn. It only appears to rotate, not move in any other direction.

Ada and Jarem explore the kitchen. Try as they might, however, they cannot find the source of the awful smell, and the kitchen remains quiet this time around.

Pitchwife

First Post
"What the... Ada, this place doesn't make any sense. Come on, let's go back to the front door and try to find some sort of trail or... I don't know, something to explain what's going on here."

Cthulhudrew

First Post
Erekose13 said:
"Vanden, what if we tried turning it the way you had started to (counterclockwise I believe) a number of times equal to the number of letters in the word Alphabet. That'd only be 8. I think the darts came out after you had turned further than that." offers Maugra.

Vanden rubs his chin as he considers Maugra's suggestion. "Or, perhaps it means the number of characters in 'the alphabet'- the entire phrase. Which would be..." He does some mental arithmetic, "Seven letters."

"Anyone else have a suggestion?"

Voadam

Legend
Cthulhudrew said:
Vanden rubs his chin as he considers Maugra's suggestion. "Or, perhaps it means the number of characters in 'the alphabet'- the entire phrase. Which would be..." He does some mental arithmetic, "Seven letters."

"Anyone else have a suggestion?"

"Seven? Huh? Sevens less than eight. Whatever. How many times did you crank it before it shot out? I was listening for other people you said you heard. I don't hear anything in here but us."

Erekose13

Explorer
"Start with seven, stop after you get that far. If that doesn't work, then we'll try eight." replies Maugra. "You'd best do that while Garn and I move out of the way as you seem better able to avoid those darts."

Cthulhudrew

First Post
Vanden rubs his wounded arm unconsciously at Maugra's dubious claim, but nods. "Garnet, you and your familiar had best move a safe distance away as well." When the room is cleared of the others, Vanden will try the new solution, turning the horn counterclockwise 7 times.

Remove ads