• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ptolus: The Legend of Longcoat

Cthulhudrew

First Post
Vanden hears Maugra's gasp and steps away from his study of the pentagram on the floor. Heading towards Garnet and the dwarf, he sees the horrific figure as it reaches towards them.

Near certitude barely overshadowing fear, the eunuch steps forward, hands held defensively in front of him. "I name thee Henry Crofter, abomination, and command thee to release the soul of Coraithe Whitetree from her terrible imprisonment in the name of all that is holy!"

[sblock=ooc]Vanden will Ready an action to take Total Defense- +4 Dodge Bonus to AC- if the creature attacks.[/sblock]

Voadam

Legend
Garn drops the dart and rushes after the others at the exclamations. Snarling, he pulls out a javelin, ready to hurl it when he sees a foe.

Trench

First Post
"Looks like we aren't the only ones hanging about. Question is do we join them or avoid them?"

Ada searches the area as best she can to see if she can figure out which was of the open doors was the most recently disturbed.

Voadam

Legend
Upon seeing the horrific creature Garn cries out "It's Longcoat! Die !@#$er!"
and hurls his javelin with all the hate he can summon for the murderer of his mom.

ooc +2 ranged 1d6+4 piercing.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
As Maugra murmurs her prayer, her eyes scan the bloody room beyond the archway. Her stomach gives a lurch when she spots Akilu, dead and dissected, his black eyes staring out at her from the floor. Nearby, there's what she unwillingly realizes is a mop of curly brown hair, presumably still attached to a scalp, although the rest of the victim cannot be seen from where she currently stands. A blood-soaked garment on the floor puzzles her, but then she realizes with a start that she has not seen Jossen for a while.

Her goddess' blessing courses through her and the others, but it does little to take the chill from her bones.

Vanden moves forward defensively, warily eyeing the creature before him.

Garn's javelin, fueled by rage, wobbles and goes wide, and the creature laughs a high-pitched laugh that makes the group think of something small and helpless being tortured.

The creature whirls, his coat flying up like a massive black bat wing. He slips out of sight of through the archway, presumably waiting for the group to bring the fight to him.

[sblock=ooc]Even with the bonus from bless, a 9 roll is a miss. :([/sblock]

Pitchwife

First Post
Jarem indicates the footprints. "Can you make heads or tails of that? Of the many reasons I've never left the city, not being able to track my dinner ranks high."

Through the southern door, Ada hears some voices raised in alarm.

Assuming J doesn't hear it, he'll continue to nose about while waiting to see if Ada comes up with anything. If he did:

"That settles it for me, come on." Jarem will move ahead as quickly as he can while using his detect evil ability, in the direction of the voices.

Voadam

Legend
Garn rushes through the archway into the chamber ducking to the side opposite the way Longcoat turned so as to try to keep out of his reach if he's waiting just inside the archway with a blade ready for Garn's ribs.

ooc dodge is set to Longcoat.

Trollbabe

First Post
Frozen in place Garnet screeches, "What was that..." Placing the lantern on the stone floor he reaches for the arcane energies inside him, summoning his defenses. He then readies his spear against the horror that lurks beyond the archway.

[sblock=ooc]Casting shield on myself.[/sblock]

Remove ads