• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ptolus: The Legend of Longcoat

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
[sblock=ooc]The round's not over, so at the moment, Vanden is Longcoat's target. Garn is the likely target next round, though.

Maugra can tell at a glance that it's a mortal wound. Let's call guessing how long Vanden will take to bleed out a DC 20 check, since it's more advanced than simple first aid -- it's snap judgement triage.

Rolled an 8, so Mauga just knows it's bad, not exactly how bad.[/sblock]

Pitchwife

First Post
Jarem is also continuing to move as quickly as he can in the direction of the noise, using detect evil if that is allowed. (I keep "asterixing" that because I honestly don't know how much concentration it takes to use the ability, vs. trying to walk | double move | run)

Trollbabe

First Post
Unsure what sort of creature they have disturbed, Garnet moves to the archway. Doing his best to strike the creature and not his allies, Garnet conjures his energies into the form of a pale beam. Unsure if the positive energies will harm the creature. (ooc= Cast Disrupt Undead)

Erekose13

Explorer
She'll take a chance then and shoot at the monster with her readied pistol then move to try and heal Vanden. She hopes that Longcoat cares more for his own safety than bloodlust.

Voadam

Legend
With a snarl Garn swings his beat stick low, attempting to shatter Longcoat's ankles atop his wierd boots. "I'm gonna crack your bones and suck out the marrow! I'm gonna rip your lungs out and eat them in front of you! I'm gonna break you in half and stomp your face in!"

ooc +4 d8+6, +2 attack and +1d6 sneak attack damage if flanking

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Ada and Jarem barrel around the corner, and Jarem throws up a hand in pain. The space through the doorway on the far side of the room radiates evil stronger than any Jarem has felt in his young life.

Through the opening, they see a group engaged in battle with a hideous creature in a long coat, heavy boots and a dark red cap.

A pale beam of light blasts from the finger of a young spell-caster, but has no apparent effect on the creature.

There's a deafening noise and brilliant flash of light as a female dwarf fires off a dragon pistol at the creature. It roars in pain, but the wound is less severe than she would have expected, to judge by her expression.

And then the creature's wounds begin to knit further ...

[sblock=ooc]Maugra does 9 points of damage, but it ends up only doing 4 points of damage, mysteriously!

Vanden's wound against Longcoat is likewise diminished by the creature's damage reduction.

Longcoat then heals 2 points of damage.

At the end of this round, Longcoat's total damage taken is only 3 ...

New round begins.[/sblock]
Garn slams Longcoat with his morningstar, sending a spray of dark blood splatting against one wall. The creature shrieks with rage and turns on the half-orc.

[sblock=ooc]Garn does 9 total damage to Longcoat, reduced to 4.

We pause now for everyone else. Longcoat attacks Tuesday at 2:30 p.m. PST. Get your actions in before then, or go after him in the initiative order.[/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
"Damn it, this thing is unnatural!" says Maugra as she holsters her pistol and then tries to see if she can get Vanden out of the creature's reach to heal him without putting herself in too much of harms way.

Trench

First Post
Ada is shocked to see the battle, but seeing her flapping coat steels her nerve.

"Well, I think we're here."

She takes a deep breath and looks to Jarem. "Try not to die paladin," she says.

She leaps into the fray next to the ugly half-orc, hopefully flanking the creature. Brandishing her club, she screams as she puts her considerable weight into it.

((+1 to power attack please))

Voadam

Legend
"Get in here you cowards before he heals up!"

When Ada rushes in on Longcoat Garn takes advantage of the distraction to try to smash the redcap's temple with his beat stick.

Flanking +6 1d8+6+1d6

Remove ads