[Publishers] Current Open Calls?

Vrylakos

First Post
Hello!

I was just wondering if any publishers currently have open calls for submissions running, and if so where information can be acquired regarding deadlines, writer's guidelines, etc.

Thank you!

Darren Miguez
VRYLAKOS

DPG Darrin

First Post
We have a contest, which is similar to an open call in that we will accept as many submissions that we like. We have the "I am Become Iconic, Explorer of Worlds" character contest going right now.

Send us your character sheets along with a description, and if chosen, it will become one of our iconic characters. You'll also win $25 along with the first product that your character is pictured on. For more details, see our website at www.darkportalgames.com.

Mindcrime

First Post
Vrylakos, your best bet is to go to the different publishers websites and see if they have open calls or if they are accepting submissions/proposals.

Chris

Aside from the publishers that already spoke up, here are the following:

Necromancer Games: Their open call for "shorties", regarding their upcoming Bard's Gate product, has been closed. However, if you visit their messageboards, then you'll find a forum that still allows for shorties to be contributed.

Bastion Press: They have an open call for spells and the like for an upcoming product.

Sword & Sorcery Studios: I believe they still have an open call for Relics and Rituals II.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Yep, Relics and Rituals 2: Lost Lore, the open call is still on til the 15 of Feburary. Before you can do that though, you need to download, print and send off your contract with them BEFORE they can accept anything however. It's on the site.

Vrylakos

First Post
Mindcrime said:
Vrylakos, your best bet is to go to the different publishers websites and see if they have open calls or if they are accepting submissions/proposals.

Chris

Thanks for the tip, Mindcrime. However, as not every webpage is updated regularly, and as not every publisher has a website (though the vast majority do), I decided that asking here in the forum might be a good idea.

As a matter of fact, I'm surprised there is no central place where announcements for open calls and a list of current open calls are compiled and made available for freelancers.

Darren Miguez
VRYLAKOS

Remove ads