Puerto Ricans/Boricuas on EN World

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I figure he might be of the generation that simply becomes "American"

I'm originally from Louisiana, and have a very complex heriage (several nations from 5 of 7 Continents), so while I have no problem calling myself "American," I often say I'm "human gumbo."

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
there are a lot of Puerto Ricans in chicago... but i'm not one of them. :)

my sister's ex-husband was PR by descent... but i'm sure most are better examples than him. :) actually, i've known a few others from work, and they've been good folks.

Sunglar

Explorer
I am sorry I took so long in finding the thread after asking if there was one in that Coqui thread long ago!

So glad to see all the Puertoriqueños, halves, quarters, by marriage, et al in here. Cubans here too, good… No Dominicans? There has to be some meringue dancing D&D loving guys and gals around here.

I myself am born and raised in Puerto Rico, from mostly Spanish and Italian grandparents. My dad was raised in NYC my mom here in the island. I still live here and must admit to adoring island life. I have traveled abroad but must admit that in my old age (30’s) I get antsy if there is no water within driving distance. I am not built for being landlocked.

I’ve been playing for the last 20 years, for more than half my life. In that time I’ve been blessed with many friends who enjoy the game and have formed long lasting friendships. I still play with my regular Monday group composed or roughly the same people (well some have migrated and other taken their place) who have been getting together since 1993.

HalWhitewyrm (Daniel), to answer the question you asked on the first post since it appears I am the only one living in the island replying to this thread, I get my games locally. The places to get them are getting scarce. Most small shops that cater to cards and miniature games close pretty quickly, and the of the only two comic/hobby shops around, one recently closed. I still get most of my RPG stuff at the same comic store I used to work at back when I was in college, heck some friends still work there. Got to make sure they have employment.

What is this store you know of? I may have heard about it, but if not I’ll be sure to go by and support the hobby!

¡Buenas noches a todos! (Goodnight to all!)

Remove ads