• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Puppet Master

notjer

First Post
I think the puppet master needs more skills to choice between. Disable device, spot and listen. If I was a puppetmaster I would of course focus on some different weapon it could use in battles - like in naruto (I really hope they would speed it a bit up soon). Of course they can chose craft(weapon)/(armor) etc., however In my opinion it would be natural to get benefits from the class itself.

Blackmage

First Post
Obrysii said:
Oops, forgot about those senses. :p I will add that in.
Adding sense of smell would be useful for characters with the scent ability.

That's a good idea. What "menu" do you propose that would fit into?

I also imagine there can be magic items (a set of ten rings?) that doubles the distance the puppet master can control his puppets.
I have no idea maybe Menu C for the lowest expansion of distance and then better versions in Menus B and A.

I imagine that only the puppet master can hide inside a puppet that is only one size category larger than him, but for those at least two size categories larger, they can carry more people. I don't know.
That's a good idea. Also you could make an upgrade that allows for other people to ride in puppets that are only a size catagory larger than them.

Would this be too powerful at the level it is acquirable?
Actually now that I think about it the concealling paint should only work in one type of surrounding considering that a +4 hide bonus should cost 1600gp and you have it costing only 300gp. So the price for that specific part of Menu D either needs to be raised or the hide bonus needs to be lowered if you want it to work in more than one terrain.

Maybe you could add an upgrade that is a chamelion paint in a better Menu.

Hm. Do you think they would require upgrade slots, or should they inherently be able to wear magic items (after all, a golem has Int -- too and it can wear magic items)?
Considering the cost of magic items and the fact that golems can wear them I would have to go with them being able to wear them but only be able to activate ones that require a physical activation without the puppet getting some kind of upgrade, though voice activation could be achieved after the puppet master gets the speak through puppet ability.

Runictheunic

First Post
Awesome, but I'm a friggin' noob.

Yeah... I'm a DnD newb, I seriously JUST started playing not hours before this post and I was wondering if I could actually use this class with my friends or if there are rules against it. We're lax in our rules but we still try to play seriously...well, my friends do, (I just started remember) but none of them are like, super experienced. I have been searching forever for a puppeteer class and this is litteraly EXACTLY what I wanted...but it's not official, right? So, any info, suggestions, or answers would be great.

Oh yeah, I don't want to just take over minds and make them do my bidding, I want my char to actually make the puppets and I like the individuality this class gives them. Also, Sasori was pretty cool.

Arkhandus

First Post
There's no problem with using custom classes like this, as long as the person running the game sessions is okay with it. You can't publish this stuff to try and make money off of it or something, but you can certainly use it in your game sessions.

Runictheunic

First Post
Uhh...

My friend says that this particular custom class is super broken. Can anyone confirm or defunk this? I mean, this class seems overly awesome.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads