• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Pure Preference Poll: Class Choice

What class do you just want to play the most?

• Barbarian

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Bard

Votes: 9 9.0%
  • Cleric

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • Druid

• Fighter

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • Monk

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Paladin

Votes: 11 11.0%
  • Ranger

• Rogue

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • Sorcerer

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Warlock

Votes: 9 9.0%
  • Wizard

Votes: 18 18.0%

• Poll closed .

BookBarbarian

Expert Long Rester
When the PHB first came out it was Barbarian. I always like the Wilderness Warrior types, but the PHB Ranger didn't do it for me. Now? The Revised Ranger checks just about all the boxes I like in a character, though I still like it with a couple levels of Barbarian.

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
Fighter.

Wow, surprised fighter has such a big lead. And here I was thinking "Lidgar, don't be so dull!"

Hooray for hack and slash!

Paul Smart

Explorer
For the first time ever Druid. I have never liked them in previous editions but for some reason, I find them interesting in this one. Would love to try one if I ever get to play again. Also, if they ever become an official class Warlord.

Last edited:

Tony Vargas

Legend
For the first time ever Druid. I have never liked them in previous editions but for some reason, I find them interesting in this one. Would love to try one if I ever get to play again.
How far back to you go with past editions? I consider the 5e the Druid the best (from a player perspective) it's been since 1e AD&D.

Fighter.

Wow, surprised fighter has such a big lead. And here I was thinking "Lidgar, don't be so dull!"

Hooray for hack and slash!
In retrospect I should have voted Fighter instead of voting Druid and calling out Warlord, because it sounds like from the full text of the OP, its really class concept or archetype rather than the actual 5e implementation of the class that's the subject.

The 5e fighter is bitterly disappointing after the 3.0 fighter, and the 3.5 fighter, and the Bo9S classes, and the 4e martial classes...
...but it's still the class that's meant to represent the archetypal heroic warrior of fantasy fiction/myth/legend. And who doesn't want to play that? (Well 2/3rds of us according to the poll, but I'll bet a lot of y'all voted for 5e implementation of the class before even reading the OP, just like I did....)

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
So if I say gnome rapier-wielding paladin, what bad things will happen to me? ;)

Though my go-to jollies character is a dwarf paladin. Ironically, I have only ever played one in 4e, and only briefly. I think I will have to make one for AL.

Sent from my SM-G900P using EN World mobile app

stoloc

First Post
I love the warlock with access to at will, short rest and daily abilities it is a great concept and with the different patrons and pact boons there is a lot of potential character types (me personally I'd love to make an effective fiend/blade pact warlock based on an old character from 2e)

Remove ads