• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PVP/Penny Arcade 4E Podcast from WotC

SaffroN

First Post
fnwc said:
I like these things and wish they would do more of them.

For DMs, it gives an idea of how to set a scene, keep pacing and keep the players interested in the game.

You'll notice that when the guys start to get too far off topic, Chris casually interrupts to get things back on track.

I want them to make more, asap.

On a side note, I'm surprised at how much I enjoyed listening to others play DnD. I'm also surprised at how funny it was. Good stuff.

LowSpine

First Post
Yes - but they are 3.5

I've been looking around hoping someone was doing Keep on the shadowfell or any 4E, then this popped up.

Anyway here it is:

http://www.rpgmp3.com/

(btw: I'm almost certain Chris Perkins is an aspie - I have aspiedar)

Last edited:

keterys

First Post
Honestly, I think this PA/PvP/WotC podcast game may be one of the smartest ideas they've ever had. Great gimmick for advertising from both sites, awesome way to keep people interested (funny guys with lots of fans, no way to get distracted by pdfs, etc).

I do wish they were doing a couple more panels of comic per week, though.

charlesatan

Explorer
BooleanFlag said:
I know they are going to release more of the pvp/pa guys playing, but does anyone know if there is anything similar out there on the interwebs? A podcast of just some people who knew what they were doing playing would be great.

If by similar you mean recordings of actual play sessions, I compile a weekly list of the various podcasts and post them in threads like this: http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=228310 (See the Actual Play section).

If you mean similar as in D&D 4E, none yet aside from what's posted by WotC.

Family

First Post
My nerd just 'sploded. They say they have 8 hours of this, in 45 minutes sessions with 2 comics each!

-This is the definition of "Well played good sir, well played".

Anyone know the release schedule?

Dark080matter

First Post
As an avid fan of PA, I have to say that this is simply incredibly cool.
It's also awesome PR for everyone involved, good for all of them.

But just one problem: Wizards really has to put these out faster than once a week! I mean, 4e is what, 5 days away now? (officially, I mean)

Family

First Post
Dark080matter said:
As an avid fan of PA, I have to say that this is simply incredibly cool.

pvp20070125.gif

And I have to get a brag in here that I was reading pvp BEFORE Penny Arcade even existed! :D

Graf

Explorer
filthgrinder said:
I'm a big Penny-Arcade and PvP fan, so I really dug the podcast. Having listened to both PA's and Scott Kurtz's podcasts previously, I knew all the voices, but if this is your first listen, it might be a little weird discerning who is who. Especially since they don't do any sort of introduction.
I need to know, can anyone tell the voices of "Tycho" and "Gabe" apart?
I listen to their regular podcast sometimes and they sound identical to me. (I'm actually tone deaf but I can usually do OK.)

They litterally sound identical. Even when they're saying something that's a give away (like anti-depressants or whatever) I'm like... OK. I know that's Gabe...

Remove ads