• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Q about massive con damage.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Sorry kreynolds, your wrong in this instance.

While I agree, I'll point out that kreynolds is perfectly aware of how it worked in 3.0 - as in, exactly the way that we're arguing.

He is highlighting a change in the wording in 3.5 which could be read to mean what he's saying.

I don't have the books, so I can't follow through all the steps... but let's make sure that we're not simply throwing the 3,0 answer that we all know is true at him, without checking how it's changed...

-Hyp.

AGGEMAM

First Post
K, you could also just have remembered the passage in Barbarian Rage:

The increase in Constitution increases the barbarian’s hit points by 2 points per level, but these hit points go away at the end of the rage when his Constitution score drops back to normal. (These extra hit points are not lost first the way temporary hit points are.)

MeanGenes

First Post
Thanks for all the responses guys. I had no idea my question could cause as much controversy here as it did in our campaign (we stopped playing and various people argued for all 3 positions for about 30 mins). :)

kreynolds

First Post
Don't feel bad. We did the same thing soon after 3.0 came out, but it was all of them against me, and with 3 to 1, I figured they were right. Turns out not. :)

Remove ads