• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Q'Barra: ItEF OOC

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Urko said:
Yes, Dargin was an interesting character. It would certainly be feasible to work him back in – and he would start off with basic knowledge of the situation. And you have the added advantage that he was hardly played, so you can make him your own.

I won’t make final decisions before the end of the week, but Dargin is definitely in the running.

Excellent, consider me available if you want to bring him back!

Urko

First Post
Great news, gang. I just heard from doghead and he's eager to rejoin the game. He may have connectivity issues for a few days, but should be back by next week. That gives us:
Pebele resuming as Sanae
Yeoman resuming as Xavier
Tailspinner resuming as Eff Flat
SelcSilverhand assuming the role of Dargin (the spooky halfling shaman)
Dayspire taking the role of Erin
doghead resuming as 'he has no name'

So it looks like we're only lacking P0L (Old Borden). Too bad, but I'll figure out a way to write him out. SelcSilverhand, I'll email you separately about bringing Dargin in.

Look for a new post on the game thread this evening (GMT -5).

Urko

First Post
Sorry for the delay in restarting the game. Yeoman is creating a new character and I want to think about how to integrate her (and phase out Xavier) before continuing. Next update is in progress, though.

Yeoman, any ETA on that character?

Yeoman

First Post
Alright Urko, here she is. Let me know if you want anything changed.

[sblock]
Name: Matilda d'Orien
Class: Rogue 2 / Psychic Warrior 1 / Fighter 1
Race: Human
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Patron Deity: Dol Dorn

Str 15 –- (6 pts)
Dex 14 –- (6 pts)
Con 14 -- (6 pts)
Int 12 -- (4 pts)
Wis 14 -- (6 pts)
Cha 08 -- (0 pts)

Hit Points 34
Action Points 7
Armor Class: 19 (+5 Chain Shirt, +2 Heavy Shield, +2 Dexterity)
Touch: 12 (+2 Dexterity)
Flat Footed: 17 (+5 Chain Shirt, +2 Heavy Shield)
Init +2
BAB +2, Grap +4
Speed 30' (base 30', load 45.7/58, Light Armor)
Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +2

+6 Melee, +1 Long Sword, 1d8+3, 19-20/x2, Slashing
+4 Melee or Ranged, Silver Dagger, 1d4+1, 19-20/x2, 10', Piercing or Slashing
+4 Melee or Ranged, Cold Iron Dagger, 1d4+2, 19-20/x2, 10', Piercing or Slashing

Medium, 5'8" tall, 139 Lbs, 28 yrs old
Red hair, Green eyes, Fair skin

Speaks Common, Draconic

Balance: +8 (6 Ranks, +2 Dexterity)
Bluff: +4 (5 Ranks, -1 Charisma)
Climb: +9 (7 Ranks, +2 Strength)
Concentration: +6 (4 Ranks, +2 Constitution)
Diplomacy: +8 (5 Ranks, -1 Charisma, +4 Synergy - Bluff, Sense Motive)
Hide: +7 (5 Ranks, +2 Dexterity)
Jump: +11 (7 Ranks, +2 Strength, +2 Tumble)
Move Silently: +7 (5 Ranks, +2 Dexterity)
Sense Motive: +7 (5 Ranks, +2 Wisdom)
Survival: +4 (0 Ranks, +2 Wisdom, +2 Least Dragonmark)
Tumble: +11 (7 Ranks, +2 Dexterity, +2 Jump)

Feats
Dodge: +1 Dodge bonus to AC vs. 1 opponent.
Least Dragonmark: Dimension Leap 1/day, 40' in distance.
Mobility: +4 Dodge bonus to AC vs. Attacks of Opportunity provoked by movement.
Psionic Dodge: +1 Dodge bonus to AC, when psionically focused.
Weapon Focus (Long Sword): +1 to hit when using a Long Sword.

Human Traits
Humanoid (Human)
+1 Skill Point per level
Bonus Feat at 1st Level
Favored Class (Any)

Special Abilities
-Sneak Attack, +1d6 damage whenever Matilda flanks an enemy or whenever her opponent is denied their Dexterity bonus to AC.
-Trapfinding, Matilda can find traps with a Search DC higher than 20.
-Evasion, If Matilda makes a successful Reflex save for half damage, she instead takes no damage.

Psionics
Power Points: 1
Powers Known: Defensive Precognition

Background
Matilda was the youngest child, in fact she was rather unexpected. Her older brother Samuel was born 3 years before her, and her older sister Carla was born 2 years before her. Things were quite normal in her early childhood, her family was situated in Passage and had a comfortable living as members of House Orien.

When Matilda hit puberty, her perfect little world changed, practically over night. She developed her dragonmark in her 11th year, much to the dismay of her siblings and the wonderment of her parents. For her part, Matilda was indifferent to the mark at first. As time went on, her siblings began to mock and torment her, and she became the obvious favorite of her parents, which only served to deepen the resentment her siblings felt towards her. She had always been a strong-willed child, but she cracked a bit under the pressure. She rebelled against the Mark, choosing to ignore its existence. When that didn't work she took up fighting and made a nuisance of herself.

Throughout her teenage years Matilda threw herself in to her training. She couldn't escape her Mark, so she decided to embrace it and make herself worthy of it. If her siblings were going to taunt her about having a high opinion of herself, she was going to show them she was worth it. If her parents were going to praise her every move, she'd give them something to praise about. And if people were going to expect a lot from her, she was going to give them what they expected and more. However the harder Matilda worked to prove herself worthy of the mark, the more and more her siblings became jealous of their younger sister.

For all her training she did not became a mild-mannered servant of the Mark. Far from it, she was wild, head-strong, abrasive and arrogant. She had quite the chip on her shoulder and raged against the world. For all her skills and talent, she was far from a model student.

Her family got used to her rebellion, and things went relatively smoothly until her siblings decided to leave the house and enlisted in the Aundairan military. Torn between loyalty to her family, and loyalty to the house, Matilda was unable to choose sides, unable to stop them, and ultimately unable to save them.

With the death of her siblings and the multitude of changes that took place in the House after the war ended, Matilda's rebellious streak was no longer an acceptable quirk. Her unwillingness to bow to the House was the basis for her forced transfer from the enclave in Passage. She was sent to the much smaller and less public enclave in Newthrone.

Away from the watchful eyes of the heads of the House, Matilda quickly left the House Enclave and decided to pursue her own goals. What her goals are is unknown, even to her. She only knows that she must find some truth, some path to follow. And it certainly isn't to be found in the House.

Personality
Matilda is considered abrasive by many people. She speaks her mind in a very blunt way, she sugar-coats nothing. She only has respent for those who she considers her equals in physical skill. She does not respect mages or clerics, or those who she considers weak. She has a great deal of respect for other fighters of skill. She has a quick temper and she holds grudges.

Appearance
Fair skinned with deep green eyes, and shoulder length hair a crimson shade of red. Matilda appears very similar to her mother, and in fact many people compare her to her mother (Janice d'Orien, age 56). On the bicep of her left arm is her dragonmark, she makes no attempt to hide it, and usually wears a sleeveless shirt to show off her mark. Normally she dresses in a rather plain type of field wear, accentuated by her wide brimmed hat.

+1 Long Sword, (Right Hip, 4 Lbs) 2,315gp
+1 Mithral Shirt (worn, 12.5 Lbs) 2,100gp
Darkwood Shield (Left Shoulder, 5 Lbs), 257gp
Silver Dagger (small of back, 1 Lb) 22gp
Cold Iron Dagger (small of back, 1 Lb) 4gp
Bedroll (upper back, 5 Lbs) 5sp
Backpack (center back, 2 Lbs) 2gp
House Orien Identification Brooch 75gp
Waterskin - Water (backpack, 4 Lbs) 1gp
Everbright Lantern (backpack, 1 Lb) 212gp
1 week of Trail Rations (backpack, 7 Lbs) 3.5gp
Flint & Steel (backpack) 1gp
6 Potions of Cure Light Wounds (backpack, .6 Lbs) 300gp
Potion of Protection from Evil (backpack, .1 Lb) 50gp
Flask of Alchemist's Fire (backpack, 1 Lb) 20gp
Flask of Holy Water (backpack, 1 Lb) 25gp

Belt Pouch (waist, .5 Lbs) 1gp
Coins: 5gp, 8sp (belt pouch)
Traveling Papers (pouch) 2sp
Identification Papers with Portrait (pouch) 5gp
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Urko

First Post
Matilda looks good, Yeoman. Check your email for a couple questions I have about working her in. She and Dargin should be a part of things in a couple days. Everyone else will have an update tonight (for real, this time).

SelcSilverhand

First Post
I've been checking my email but nothing has come through. Could you try sending it again only use this address: %eberron%@bendleschools.org Yahoo has filtered out legit emails before on me. If you haven't sent it yet, use this email anyway. I'm going to change my profile now.

Last edited:

Urko

First Post
Hey Tailspinner and doghead,

Just checking to see if you guys are still in. Please let me know if you need to drop out so I can adjust accordingly.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads