• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Quantum Leap Reboot (spoilers allowed)

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Seems that there was a 2018 movie reboot. I had heard that it was going to be made, but not that it was.

George Wendt? Didnt know he was still acting.

R_J_K75

Legend
Seems that there was a 2018 movie reboot. I had heard that it was going to be made, but not that it was.

Sure that went over like a Led Zeppelin.

I have not seen this, do I want to? Looks like its on Britbox, I dont get that channel.
You can catch a lot of it on Youtube as well.

It's... ostensibly the same show. Same visual style, same focus, same flair for making everyone look ridiculous. There's Trump and all the current British political establishment instead of Reagan and the 80s British politicians. I feel like Thatcher era Britain is unique (and thus the old shows had a special charm), but that's probably a reflection on my age.

R_J_K75

Legend
You can catch a lot of it on Youtube as well.

It's... ostensibly the same show. Same visual style, same focus, same flair for making everyone look ridiculous. There's Trump and all the current British political establishment instead of Reagan and the 80s British politicians. I feel like Thatcher era Britain is unique (and thus the old shows had a special charm), but that's probably a reflection on my age.
Maybe I'll watch an episode or two over the weekend.

Mad_Jack

Legend
The sad part about things like Air Wolf, Blue Thunder, or anything else with a vehicle in it is that they were based on things that were supposed to be bleeding-edge-yet-still-believable technology - which is now pretty much standard equipment on those kinds of vehicles.
And generations of following programs have kept one-upping each other to the point where you basically need to have warp drive in your helicopter in order to be special because every high-tech car on television can turn invisible at this point.

Remove ads