• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Question about Battlerager Vigor

Does Battlerager Vigor work with the Warden Featres?

• It works with both

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • It works only with Warden's Fury

• It works only with Warden's Grasp

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It doesn't work with either

HealingAura

First Post
hi, I'm creating a Warde/Fighter Hybrid and I have a question about Battlerager Vigor:

Battlerager Vigor says "Whenever you hit an enemy with a melee or a close attack, you gain temporary hit points equal to your constitution modifier, plus any temporary hit points normally granted by the power".
Warden's Fury and Warden's Grasp are Warden Features which acts like attack powers.
Warden's Fury is a Melee weapon power and Warden's Grasp is a Close burst 5 power.
Do I get THP when I use them?

Turtlejay

First Post
I'd be surprised, since in most cases the Hybrid classes are pretty clearly seperated. I don't have DDI here at work, but in all cases that I can think of (Fighter marking, sneak attack, curse, and quarry damage) you only get the benefit with powers or abilities from that class. This might be an exception. Not a really broken one, either in my opinion. The new Battlerager is a lot more subtle.

Jay

DracoSuave

First Post
Battlerager Vigor works exactly as the Fighter class feature does.

And both Grasp and Fury would be affected by this....

...except Hybrid Wardens do not get Warden's Grasp -nor- Warden's Fury, nor can you take them through Hybrid Talent.

HealingAura

First Post
Battlerager Vigor works exactly as the Fighter class feature does.

And both Grasp and Fury would be affected by this....

...except Hybrid Wardens do not get Warden's Grasp -nor- Warden's Fury, nor can you take them through Hybrid Talent.

That is incorrect. Warden's Grasp and Warden's Fury are part of Nature's Wrath class feature, and as a hybrid warden you get Nature's Wrath but can only mark one adjacent enemy.

DracoSuave

First Post
That is incorrect. Warden's Grasp and Warden's Fury are part of Nature's Wrath class feature, and as a hybrid warden you get Nature's Wrath but can only mark one adjacent enemy.

I'll be jiggered.

Then yes, BRV works with Warden's Fury just fine if you hit with it. Warden's Grasp does not hit, nor miss, so BRV does not interract with it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads