• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Question for Creature Catalog/Necromancer Games

The Traveler

First Post
Will the Tome of Horrors (as I believe the new title is) contain the missing Daemons/Demons/Devils and Archdaemons/Demon Lords/Archdevils from the Creature Catalog, or has WotC laid claim to them?

It'd just kick butt to see Anthraxus or Orcus actually in print again.

Orcus

First Post
I cant comment on the exact contents right now because were I to say what was in our book or not in our book would reveal what would be in the official MM2 and I am not at liberty to comment on that. Sorry guys. I'd love to give you a list, but at this time I cant.

Clark

JoeCrow

Explorer
OK, perfectly understandable. Here's another question for you. Is the Tome of Horrors published under one of those fancy "proprietary licenses" like Ravenloft that keeps the stuff in them closed, or is it going to be Open Content?

Orcus

First Post
The Tome of Horrors will be fully OGC. In fact, at the end of the license I am even putting a section about how other producers can use the open content with examples of how to cite to the book in their legal text. I am going to make it as easy as possible for other publishers to use this material.

The only non-OGC section will be a "Credits" section for each monster that lists the original source of the creature and any other similar notes.

Clark

Remove ads