• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Question: Is it time for a new "A-Team"?

Henry

Autoexreginated
KnowTheToe said:
Bomb.

Action movies have moved on to a more realistic grtty feel. Look at how poor the old style action movies are received in the theaters. All of Arnold S's movies have bombed, Segal's movies have tanked.

People want something more gritty.

Only two things:

TV versus Movies. Vastly different environments to attract audiences.

That said: We have quite a few successes that are far from gritty and realistic: Men in Black I and II; Mission Impossible; Armageddon;Spider-Man;The Mummy and The Mummy Returns. All these were pretty big successes, both domestically and abroad, though domestic is what I focus on.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Morrus said:

Oh gawd.. character backgrounds would just ruin it. The A-Team ain't a soap opera! :)
Yeah, but my taste have grown from two-dimensional show made for my adolescent yet violent teen years (1980's) to three-dimensional show full of character development.

Besides, I like flawed characters besides one of the team members is insane and they're all fugitives from the government and military. :D

Otherwise, you might as well present it as a comedy with John Larroquette as the leader of the misfits and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as BA Baracus. :p

Why make a new A-Team? It was no better than Scooby Doo in my opinion.

Both were lame shows that followed a repetitive pattern every episode. Both got even worse when they switched to the celebrity guest appearance format. I mean how serious can you take the A-Team as a group of total badasses once Boy George is on multiple episodes with them? ;)

Then to make it even worse they replaced Face man with the other guy who could just never cut the mustard.

A bit OT, but one time, in French class, my teacher showed us an episode of The A-Team dubbed into French. Funniest THING I've ever seen. You haven't lived until you've seen French come out of Mr. T's lips. He was called "Barracuda" (try saying it like Ricardo Montalban, and you'll be close), incidentally.

Yes, The A-Team 2000(?) desperately needs a development deal. But the real issue is this: How could there not be a New Dukes of Hazzard? Some Hollywood dipstick has really dropped the ball on this one. I see, hmm, Matthew McConaughey? As well as a dark-haired Southern chap to be named later. And they can even rent the original General Lee from Kid Rock!

CrusaderX

First Post
Top Cow comics (who make the Witchblade, Tomb Raider, and Battle of the Planets comics) has been meaning to produce a new A-Team comic book series for awhile now. But I'm not sure when it will be released.

Remove ads