• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WOIN Question on WOIN Psionics

Rerednaw

Explorer
Starting on page 65 there is a list of various skills and then exploits under each skill.
I want to make sure I am reading this right.
While you would use a skill to determine the outcome of an exploit (say Telepathy for Mind-Read) your character doesn't know how to do any of these until you learn the exploit. As you don't gain 90% of these during character creation you can only obtain these abilities, one at a time through experience correct?

I had a player suggest that if you had the skill and the pre-reqs (say the high enough PSI rating) you could do the various exploits. I find that to be potentially extremely powerful and ruled against it...but I am wondering if I was wrong.

Please clarify and thanks! :cool:

MacD

Just a tourist passing your way...
Psionic exploits are just another group of universal exploits and may be learned like them - if the character meets its prerequisites.

A simple way to get them within character creation is taking them instead of career exploits - if you get skills high enough.

Most psionic careers contain their own psionic exploits - without skill req.
It's way easier to get them - and many are better than their "universal" counterparts.

Remove ads