• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Questions to Roy and Star: 283 onward

ShadowStar

First Post
Re: small everything

BrutusBD said:
I see, there are now small VERSIONS of all weapons! ahha

So my halfling could use a halfling long sword in one hand but it would not do as much as the noral longsword but more then a normal shortsword. correct?

(If I am being a pain in the Butt you can feel free to ignore my halflingcentric questions! :)
Brutus

I'm not certain that it's similar to the Short Sword (it probably is but I don't want to be wrong) but yes, otherwise correct.

ShadowStar

First Post
pech21 said:
Is the Druids animal companion's "share spells" ability the same as the Familiars share spell ability from 3.0 (in particular the range?)

Quoted from SRD:
Share Spells: At the master's option, he may have any spell he or she casts on themselves also affect a familiar. The familiar must be within 5 feet at the time. If the spell has a duration other than instantaneous, the spell stops affecting the familiar if it moves farther than 5 feet away. The spell's effect will not be restored even if the familiar returns to the master before the duration would otherwise have ended. Additionally, the master may cast a spell with a target of "You" on a familiar (as a Touch range spell) instead. The master and familiar can share spells even if the spells normally do not affect creatures of the familiar's type.

Yes, it is identical.

player1

First Post
Since its confirmed by Andy Collins that some armors got change in thier weight, can you look and see which armors are that?

For help, here are the weights for armors in 3.0e:

Padded 10 lb.
Leather 15 lb.
Studded leather 20 lb.
Chain shirt 25 lb.
Hide 25 lb.
Scale mail 30 lb.
Chainmail 40 lb.
Breastplate 30 lb.
Splint mail 45 lb.
Banded mail 35 lb.
Half-plate 50 lb.
Full plate 50 lb.
Buckler 5 lb.
Shield, small, wooden 5 lb.
Shield, small, steel 6 lb.
Shield, large, wooden 10 lb.
Shield, large, steel 15 lb.
Shield, tower 45 lb.

Thels

First Post
I've updated my post so it lists all answered questions and I added all questions in this thread that haven't been answered yet.

Brekki

First Post
About wielding weapons made for persons of a different size .... is one size bigger/smaller the limit on what a character can wield, or does the -2 penalty stack for each size off (2 sizes = -4, 3 sizes = -6) ?

Trainz@work

First Post
This is a BIG bone of mine...

Holy Word and Blasphemy. Used to be quite unbalanced for similar spells.

What are their effects in 3rd Ed. ?

jgsugden

Legend
Shadowstar/Roy:

How is it looking for getting the copy back and answering some more questions? Is there anything any of us could do to help ? I live in the Bay Area ... if you can get me the book to answer questions I'd be incredibly more than happy to sit down and hammer out answers. I know this is a long shot, but I thought I'd offer ...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads