• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Quick feat opinion

pbd

First Post
Level 6 Warblade, Weapon Specialization or Cleave?

Basically, +2 damage or extra attack when someone goes down?

brehobit

Explorer
pbd said:
Level 6 Warblade, Weapon Specialization or Cleave?

Basically, +2 damage or extra attack when someone goes down?
Specialization. Weapon Mastery (or what ever the crazy feat is called) is possible at 9th if you take WS at 6th.

If that feat isn't an option, it really depends on your build. Are you taking full attacks (and using lots of counters/boosts) or being a strike master? If strikes, I'd not take cleave (we don't allow the strike stuff to "carry" to the next target). If full attack, I'd think about cleave, but still lean toward WS.

Mark

Numion

First Post
Cleave is quite conditional. It doesn't get used often, unless your DM constantly swarms you.

Spec works every time you hit.

JiffyPopTart

Bree-Yark
Someone could do a lot of math here to figure out how much average extra damage Cleave and WS gives over a standard adventure, but the result would probably be close enough to the same number that it really wouldn't matter a whole lot. (although I suspect WS would be a little higher).

The important thing really should be to decide if you think your character would like the "cool points" of getting the cleave, would like to go for a further WS chain feat to deal even more damage per hit, or perhaps branch off into another direction and do something else (Blind-Sight for lack of a better random choice).

Personally I would go for Cleave, just so you might have that once chance to save the parties bacon by cleaving and killing two big bad guys when everyones back is against the wall.

DS

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads