• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Quick one: Hold Person & Raging

Wolfix

First Post
Greetings, quick question for ya'll while my game continues in the back: if a non-raging barbarian fails his will save against a Hold Person spell, could he still enter rage while paralysed to gain the benefit from the +2 to will saves? It would help on those extra will saves he gets each round. Anyone?

Lasher Dragon

First Post
Now, I don't know the RAW for this, so I'm gonna hafta go with my own feelings. Being paralyzed prevents movement, but in no way hampers mental faculties - which is why paralyzation is so horrible. You are helpless against whatever anyone does to you, and you feel everything, screaming inside your own head. I imagine if someone had the rage ability I would make them do another will save to KEEP from raging. That's my opinion anyway.

Joker

First Post
It's gotta suck though if he fails his save despite being in a fit of rage. His mind fills with uncontrollable anger and hate but he can't move his muscles, he can barely hear what's going on around him because mentally he's screaming his lungs out. Like being buried alive.

Ah man, I'm getting claustrophobic.

Remove ads