Quick Sheets! Revised! (4th ed version too?)

tombowings

First Post
perrywrogers said:
Nice! I can't wait to use 'em this weekend. You're already planning for 4e versions, yes?

I sure hope so, I think they would really come in handy, with all the powers and marks player are going to have to remember.

Firebeetle

Explorer
Morrus said:
Our downloads section is pretty much screwed (another EN II thing to look forward to!). In the meantime, if you'd like me to upload it directly to the EN World server, I'm happy to do so. i've already downloaded it, so just give me the nod - I wouldn't do it without your permission.

You absolutely have my permission Admiral. Thank you.

To everyone else, thank you. I really appreciate all the posting on various sites. This will ensure the sheets stay in circulation for some time. I will try to get an update out soon (Saturday is very possible), if you find any other errors please point them out. I didn't get an editor on this, so you are all it. So far I've got:

Monk sheet
d8 on Cleric cure spells
Neophyte sheet (explains things at length, don't know why I didn't think of that sooner)

I have used them, they are VERY useful at the table. I insist on their use during RPGA play. Some players love them, some don't. They only real time I have problems is when someone has a lovely table tent they've worked on. I haven't had a grappler PC in a long time, and I'm dying to see the grapple flow chart in use during a session.

As for the table tent fold suggestion, I find the book fold stands much easier and it is easier for the player to access the reference charts inside. The table tent fold tends to sag over time.

Yes, I will be doing ones for 4th edition. Again, I will hope to find a publisher for it. If donations run high I might consider doing them as "donationware" again. I also have an idea for a highly customizable DM screen made of ordinary folders (one word: pockets!), but more on that project later.

Last edited:

vectner

Explorer
I glanced through and noticed that the Ranger feat Manyshot is listed as a -2 when it should be a -4.

I like the concept and it is handy to have all that info right at hand. Great job :D

pfooti

First Post
First of all, I like the idea. They're neat, and my DM likes the idea of having precalculated spot/listen/etc in an easy-to-see format. Here's some feedback, though.

Bug:

I like the concept as well, however the Cleric page has the Cure Light/Moderate/etc Wounds spells as healing Nd6 rather than Nd8 HP.

Feedback / Feature Requests:

With the Cleric healing spells, there should be spaces where you write in the bonus instead of the preprinted section. My cleric, for example, has augmented healing and the healing domain, so it's helpful if I can write down a specific number in each section rather than compute them each time I roll (I actually put this on my charsheet anyway, but to make the quicksheet useful, it should be written there).

Firebeetle

Explorer
pfooti said:
First of all, I like the idea. They're neat, and my DM likes the idea of having precalculated spot/listen/etc in an easy-to-see format. Here's some feedback, though.

Bug:

I like the concept as well, however the Cleric page has the Cure Light/Moderate/etc Wounds spells as healing Nd6 rather than Nd8 HP.

Feedback / Feature Requests:

With the Cleric healing spells, there should be spaces where you write in the bonus instead of the preprinted section. My cleric, for example, has augmented healing and the healing domain, so it's helpful if I can write down a specific number in each section rather than compute them each time I roll (I actually put this on my charsheet anyway, but to make the quicksheet useful, it should be written there).

That's a very good suggestion. I'm working on it currently. Done and done.

Firebeetle

Explorer
Revised!

I have uploaded the revision. The new address is in the original post. Here it is again.
http://www.4shared.com/file/43923488/6a2991b2/Quick_Sheets_Revised.html l
Here are the changes:

1. The missing monk sheet was redone and included. I am very pleased with it.
2. I added a Neophyte sheet for beginners.
3. I fixed the problem with the cleric sheet. Instead of fixing the d6 typo, I left them blank so players could enter in their own scores.
4. Fixed other errors, including in the guidance and mounted combat sheet.

There have been 1100 downloads this week alone! I hope that folks are enjoying the sheets.

I'm looking for playtesters for the next edition of sheets. I've learned in the past that playtesters are not all equal, so please don't apply if you aren't willing to undergo a simple test. I'm looking for people who can give articulate, accurate, and objective feedback with succinent and easily understood answers. You can write me at firebeetle (at) charter (dot) net

Remove ads