Quick Sheets! Revised! (4th ed version too?)

Firebeetle

Explorer
There has been a lot of enthusiasm sent my way about a 4th edition version. I've been in contact with a major publisher you are all familiar with about it :D , and I have been given a clear green light.

The question is: What do you think should be on a 4th ed quicksheet? I've got a lot of ideas, but I'm going to be quiet and let you guys talk about it.

I will also be looking for volunteer playtesters. Be aware I will be expecting a lot from playtesters, I need playtesters who can give me clear and articulate feedback, which I will solicit through direct and indirect questions. If you can't write a complete sentence or paragraph answer, then please don't waste time for either of us. Not all applicants will be selected.

Last edited:

Firebeetle

Explorer
I think you might be interested to know that your Firebeetle's Quick Sheets 3.5 have seen 1294 downloads since first being made available in April of 2008.

Thank you for the update Mark. I had about 1,500 downloads on my original upload site. These have been a hit, I have to wonder how many people use them. I love getting the number of downloads. My "Action Cards" from Silverthorne games <link here> never even made copper. Bummer.

As for a 4th edition version, the new OGL (or whatever it's called) doesn't allow reprinting rules wholesale like 3.5 did. I have a "fan version" with general info in the centerfold in the download section of ENWorld. What I rea.lly want is to take the text output from the DDI Character Builder and have a customized quicksheet that gives your vitals (defenses, passive skills, etc.) to the DM, your basic attacks, healing surge value, # of surges, etc. to you and your at-will power statistics (bonus, damage, etc.) inside. I have no idea where to start making such a program. Any help here folks? How would I get started with such a project?

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Thank you for the update Mark. I had about 1,500 downloads on my original upload site. These have been a hit, I have to wonder how many people use them. I love getting the number of downloads. My "Action Cards" from Silverthorne games <link here> never even made copper. Bummer.

As for a 4th edition version, the new OGL (or whatever it's called) doesn't allow reprinting rules wholesale like 3.5 did. I have a "fan version" with general info in the centerfold in the download section of ENWorld. What I rea.lly want is to take the text output from the DDI Character Builder and have a customized quicksheet that gives your vitals (defenses, passive skills, etc.) to the DM, your basic attacks, healing surge value, # of surges, etc. to you and your at-will power statistics (bonus, damage, etc.) inside. I have no idea where to start making such a program. Any help here folks? How would I get started with such a project?

I believe that dungeonmastering.com has found a way around such silliness, in that it's monster cards allow the individual to fill in the pertinent information and save it in their database (with access for other users). Perhaps you could approach them with your 4E version and find a way between you to make the format work as well as the 3.5E version did for so many. It's worth a shot and be sure to update this thread with any successful results. Best of luck in whatever you do, btw. What you've already done has been a great help to many! :)

Remove ads