• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Quickened spell and components

shilsen

Adventurer
Does a Quickened spell still have the same components as its original "unquickened" version? I know it is a free action and does not draw any AoOs, but I can't recall any place in the core books which clarifies if there is any change in the components. I would assume not, which means a quickened spell (assuming the spell chosen has a V component) is just as liable to prevention by a silence spell and cannot be cast during a grapple unless the spell chosen has no somatic components and the material components are in hand. Correct?

Thanks in advance.

Treacherous

First Post
The feat description says "You can cast a spell with a moment's thought," which has always lead me to believe that the usual verbal and somatic components are not necessary, or it would have instead said "You can cast a spell with only a brief gesture and a single short word" or something to that effect.

Remove ads