• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Quotes

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
As the line goes ‘both intent and consequences can damn you but consequences can damn others too’ if nobody knows who said it, I did so it’s mine now.

I suspect the only viable civilisation would build itself around the needs, wants and properties of its basic components, the people who make it up most likely humans given they are the only agreed-upon people.

What people mean when they say decadence killed a nation is they did something I dislike. What it means is the nation did not change to deal with new challenges most commonly because the leaders were distracted with petty stuff and not leading properly note leading properly seems to be super difficult.

Plenty of people will read wisdom but only come away with cunning, a lesser relative but they are still better than those who learned nothing at all.

Context is the reigning royal shape that governs reality after the laws of physics/nature.

embee

Lawyer by day. Rules lawyer by night.
"Suddenly, I remembered my Charlemagne. 'And let my armies be the rocks, and the trees... And the birds in the sky." - Jeffrey Boam

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...

"My reality needs imagination like a bulb needs a socket. My imagination needs reality like a blind man needs a cane"​

-Tom Waits

"Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow creeps in this petty pace from day to day to the lcast syllable of recorded time, and all our yesterdays have lighted foold the way to dusty death. Out out brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury signifying nothing" -Macbeth

"The human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good? evil? morality? feelings? Pure Victorian fictions. Only egotism exists." -H.P.Lovecraft

"Sors immanis
et inanis,
rota tu volubilis,
status malus,
vana salus
semper dissolubilis,
obumbrata
et velata
michi quoque niteris;
nunc per ludum
dorsum nudum
fero tui sceleris."