• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

R1: Hired Hands (nimisgod judging)

Dungannon

First Post
"No, he's stable enough. Used to being a packhorse as well as sporting a rider. He's been a reliable horse his whole 5 years. See, I his original owner was a personal friend, so I know this horse from birth. He won't give trouble if he's treated right."

Doc pauses and looks around at the group in the barn. "You say you're on a budget, eh? I might be able to work something out with you. Which direction are you headed in, again?"

Last edited:

LogicsFate

First Post
Valan steps up to the horse, and runs his hand through it's mane. Giving a show of inspecting though knowing nothing of horses. "Ravensdale... With a few stops along the way" he say matter-of factly as he glances over the horse

Dungannon

First Post
A thoughtful look comes over the halfling's face. "Ravensdale, you say. Hmm, tell you what. I have a package that I need delivered to an associate in Allimon. If you agree to deliver it on your way to Ravensdale, then I would be willing to let you have BusterJack there for 70 gold, saddle, tack, and 5 days' feed included. Are you interested?"

LogicsFate

First Post
Valan looks back to Ragnikyr and Kerrz, assuming their allright with it "Deal! Just tell us what is to be delivered and to whom" Looking back again "That will be 23 gold apeice, I will pitch in the extra"

Kerrz

First Post
Kerrz gives Valan a nod and a shrug, letting the man go about his business, content in the idea that Joe would not send them to a crook.

Patlin

Explorer
"When all of this is done, who's horse is it to be? Valan's? If so, will the gold the others advance be returned out of Valans share of the loot?"

If this is acceptable to all, Tor produces the requested 23 gold.

LogicsFate

First Post
Patlin said:
"When all of this is done, who's horse is it to be? Valan's? If so, will the gold the others advance be returned out of Valans share of the loot?"

If this is acceptable to all, Tor produces the requested 23 gold.

"When all is said and done, it will be whoever wishes to be the owner, will be the owner. If more than one person wishes to be the owner than we shall work it out then, as I'm sure we gentlemen would be able to work out any problems quickly and efficently. The eventual owner would reimburse the paying partners out of their share"

Dungannon

First Post
Doc watches as you pool your gold together. "Excellent, just excellent. And I know you'll take good care of him, you look like decent folk. If it's decided then, I'll have Garret here," Doc waves at one of the stableboys," get everything together while we retire to the office to complete our transaction."

Doc then heads back to the office, where he pauses just in the doorway and turns back toward you, waiting for whichever of you will be joining him for the finishing details.

Last edited:

Dungannon

First Post
"Hmm, I thought I already mentioned that. Anyway, the horse is called BusterJack. Now if you would just be kind enough to step inside, I'll write up a receipt of our transaction as well as give you the package and instructions for its delivery."

With that, Doc walks around and perches himself on a seat behind the desk obviously designed to suit his size. He pulls a sheet of parchment and an inkwell to himself, and motions for you to sit in one of the chairs in front of his desk. "So, if you would be so kind as to put the gold on the desk and give me the name of the individual you want on the receipt, we can wrap this up all tidy like."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads