• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

R1: Hired Hands (nimisgod judging)

Kerrz

First Post
Kerrz sticks his hand out to shake Valan's hand, while saying, "My friend, you have yourself a deal. Too much of this is extra weight that I won't need while travelling."

"On the other hand. If someone DOES have a horse... we should keep one handy for general scouting purposes. I have more than enough to purchase a fine young stallion, but I am saving for a truly magnificent mount, and would rather not squander my hard-earned coin on anything less."

LogicsFate

First Post
"Anyone else? Better the horse the more people who pitch in." If there are no takers "Let's go see what we can afford!"

Edit: "Ah!" noticing Kerrz hand for the first time, he grabs it before it could be retracted and shakes vigerously "Excellent!"

Last edited:

Dungannon

First Post
If you ask Joe for assistance, he recommends Lucky Star Stable, conveniently located just inside the southern gate, offering quality animals at cutrate prices. Ask for Doc.

Roger

First Post
On his way out to the Lucky Star Stables, Ragnikyr stops for a moment and discusses something with Joe. They speak for a few moments, then Ragnikyr brings out a few pages of parchment. They each read over the pages and then sign them. Ragnikyr leaves one with Joe, taking the rest with him.

[sblock]
Ragnikyr has drafted his last will and testament.
[/sblock]

LogicsFate

First Post
Roger said:
On his way out to the Lucky Star Stables, Ragnikyr stops for a moment and discusses something with Joe. They speak for a few moments, then Ragnikyr brings out a few pages of parchment. They each read over the pages and then sign them. Ragnikyr leaves one with Joe, taking the rest with him.

"Seems this world is just a long series of buisness venture, sometimes" Valan smiles as they approach the stables

Valan will pick out anyone that looks to be employed there, or just someone wandering around if none seem present "Good sir/ma'am, lovely/harsh weather out." beliving himself to have taken care of the pleasentries "Could you point me in Doc's direction? My fellows and I are in the market and were directed here."

Dungannon

First Post
One of the stableboys looks up at you, surprised to be treated with such courtesy. "He, he's over there..." the boy stammers out, pointing toward what looks like an office at the back of the stable.

Patlin

Explorer
Tor looks around at the horses, a bit skeptically. Wonder how many of these horses can keep up with me on a long run, carrying a rider?

IcyCool

First Post
Gideon purchases 10 days worth of trail rations for himself, and shops around for various types of ammunition for his crossbow.

OOC: I know that cold iron costs double, but how much does alchemical silver cost? +2 per piece of ammunition? Or +2 per 50 units of ammunition?

Patlin

Explorer
Tor, following Gideon's example, purchases 5 days of trail rations. He's more used to living off the land, and hopes that hunting will be good enough not to actually need such, but wants to be prepared to travel at speed. Looking at the bulky package, he asks if he can place it in someone's saddlebags. Failing this, he considers buying a mule.

ooc: The rations would move Tor to a medium load, which I'd rather avoid. I suspect the silver cost is per arrow, unfortunately.

Remove ads