• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

R1: Hired Hands (nimisgod judging)

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: This was a surprise to me when I last looked it up, but you will find that walking is at least as fast as riding in a wagon. Even a character with a move rate of 20' is as fast as a cart. Here are the rules on overland travel.

Oh, and by the way, we'll need land speeds to calculate travel times. Specifically, we need the land speed of the slowest party member. Tor's speed is 40'.

Last edited:

Kerrz

First Post
ooc: Kerrz is under a medium load, so he's at 20'. Unless we have a medium-loaded halfling, I can't see anyone going under that.

Patlin

Explorer
If necessary, we can redistribute weight to increase speed and/or buy a donkey, which is cheep.

Edit: For example, if someone/something carries your rope and rations for you, you'd be back up to 30'.

Last edited:

LogicsFate

First Post
Roger said:
"Have a little faith, Valan.

Chuckle "Yes, I guess I am a tad lacking"

"Ten days is not much to search such an area." Leaning back thoughtfully "Lets go to the stables and find out what they have, we can continue our discustion there"

OOC: [sblock] Valan has medium armor and a medium load [/sblock]

Roger

First Post

OOC: Ahhh CRUD. The HR department where I work has insisted that I take my vacation days soon or I'll lose them. So I'll be away on vacation and away from computer from July 23rd to August 7th.

I'll pull Ragnikyr out of this adventure if I have to, but I'd rather not. If one (or more) of the other players want to run him, or if the DM wants to turn him into an NPC for a while, that's perfectly fine by me. Just try not to get him killed too quickly. =)

Sorry to do this to you guys.

Always,
Roger

IcyCool

First Post
A strange look flashes in Gideons eyes as he looks at the stacks of coins. He snatches his two piles and after a moment's thought says, "Ten days? We could walk there and have several days to explore the area. Shall we take an hour or so to gather any supplies we'll need and then meet at the south gate? The earlier we start, the better." He looks around at his companions to see if they agree.

OOC: Well, it looks like it's around 50 miles from Orussus to Allimon, and a light horse can do 48 in a day without hustling for an hour (which will get us 52 miles). Hence the hard-days ride. We could walk it in two days, and a caravan might take even longer. A light horse runs 75gp without tack, which means most of us still can't afford one. So that's two days to walk to Allimon, another day to walk to the middle of the two attacks, six days to explore the surrounding area, and one day to get to Ravensblight.

Roger

First Post
OOC: If there's considerable traffic between Orussus and Allimon, it seems likely that there would be at least some sort of waystation at the midpoint. If not, I see a business opportunity...

LogicsFate

First Post
IcyCool said:
Shall we take an hour or so to gather any supplies we'll need and then meet at the south gate? The earlier we start, the better." He looks around at his companions to see if they agree.

"Of course" Valan stands, gold already in pouch "I will see to the acuisition of a pack animal that won't slow us down, for I fear I will be the burden if required to carry all my things. Is anyone else in the same boat? We could split the cost of a decent animal, and reconcile after we are paid the rest of our fee."

Remove ads